Qubool Hai قبول ہے

(Collage is mine, pictures are from Pinterest)

Tayi Ammi had told Mahjabeen and Alysha to take Mehreen to her room. Ammi had gone to her room to get her Nikkah jora and jewellery. It was Ammis wedding dress that Mehreen and Mahjabeen had always wanted to wear on their special day.

Everyone accepted the proposal except for Puppho and Puppha. Dada Jaan told them if they don't like what's happening they can leave because the decision wasn't going to change.

Dadi Jaan had gone to phone Mehreens friends as they should also be here on her special day. Her friends Shifa and Dua rushed to get ready and arrived at the Khan Haveli.

Sighing Faris went to his room to contemplate on his decision. He was having mixed thoughts on whether he had made the correct decision or not. He did his wudu (ablution), prayed two nafal rakats and did a dua to his creator. 'Ya Allah, tu sab se barah hai, aur tu sab ki haal jaanta hai. Mein jis muqaddas rishteh mein bandneh jaarah hun tu mujhe sahih faisle lene ki hidayat deh'. Finishing his dua and folding his Janazmaz, he left for downstairs.

Mehreen who was get ready felt for nervous for the new life that was ahead of her. She hadn't expected to be married so soon. She had trust in her Allah as he would guide her in the new relationship she would enter and also prayed that Faris had the same level of commitment even if it had meant for them to start as friends.

She was ready to work on this marriage. Ammi, Tayi Ammi alongside Mahjabeen, Alysha and her friends Shifa and Dua entered her room. Ammi was tearing up as she saw her little girl dressed as a bride. Mehreen saw her mom and shook her head.

Tayi Ammi kissed Mehreens head and asked her 'tum raazi ho na? Koi dubao nahin hai tumpe'. Mehreen relaxed her by saying 'mein dil seh raazi hun, lekin aap woh jhallad saas nahin banengi na'. Tayi Ammi started saying 'Apni beti par mein kabhi naraaz ho sakti hun kya, ki mein jhallad banungi'.

Next, Ammi came and kissed Mehreens head and said to her 'hamesha khush rehna. Aur ab bachi nahin rahi ho, nikkah aik muqaddas rishta hai, aisa kuch mat karna jisseh maan baap ka sar jhukna pareh'. Mehreen whined 'Ammi, aap ki beti ka Nikkah ho raha hai aur aap hamein daant rahi hain'. Hearing Mehreen whined everyone laughed.

Everyone proceeded to go downstairs, when Ahmed Khan and Mohsin entered Mehreens room. Ahmed Khan looked at his daughter and hadn't expected her to marry so soon, but no one can change what's written in the destiny set for you.

Ahmed Khan kissed his daughters forehead and said 'Allah tumhara naseeb acha kareh. Agar Faris ne kabhi bhi tumse kuch kaha, to mujhe bata dena, dono useh maar denge'.

Mehreen started to laugh only to be stopped by Mohsin when he said 'yeh shikayet nahin lagay gi, Faris bhai lagaiyen geh, iski baqwaas sun kar'. Mehreen glared at Mohsin and stopped his foot.

Ahmed Khan twisted Mohsins ear and said 'behen ka mazaak bana raha hai, do hafteh pehle kis ne semester fail kardi thi. Yaad dilaoun me tujhe'. Mohsin cried 'Abbu chorein, aainda nahin hoga'. Ahmed Khan left his ear by saying 'aur aainda hona bi nahin chahiyeh'.

Mehreen was looking at the scene and said 'ab lekar jayen mujhe Faris bhai... mera matlab Faris, ughh kuch nahin'. She nervously laughed.

Mohsin laughed and said 'Bhai to ab mat kaho unheh, tumhe sun kar dil ka dorah par jaye ga unheh'. Mehreens father laughed and told them that they should proceed downstairs.

Mehreen entered the hall alongside her dad and brother. Faris looked up to see her and was in awe of her. How could someone look this beautiful.

Faris POV

Wait... what? Astaghfirullah. Kuch dair mein behen se begum ban jayegi meri. Faris shook his head. His inner thoughts kept on saying 'biwi to banegi na, tareef karsakteh ho'. His heart and brain were clashing with one another and sighing he shook his head to get rid of the thoughts.

Mehreen sat on her place and looked towards me. I nodded at her and tried to give her a smile. It sure was damn awkward.

Mehreen POV

I sat on my place and looked towards Faris Bha.. I mean Faris. He nodded at me and gave me a smile. 'Hmph eseh smile de rahein heh jese ke meneh unko mardena hai baad mein'.

The Molvi asked if he could start the Nikkah and Ahmed Khan gave his consent. After a while of reading duas, the Molvi went to Mehreen and said

'Mehreen Ahmed Khan binte Ahmed Khan aap ka Nikkah Faris Asad Khan ke saath baewaz 30 lakh sikae rajul waqt haq meher teh paaya gaya hai, kya aap ko yeh Nikkah qubool hai?'.

Mehreen closed her eyes and said Qubool Hai. The Molvi asked another two times and Mehreen replied in the affirmative.

The Molvi then went to Faris and said,
'Faris Asad Khan wald Asad Khan aap ka Nikkah Mehreen Ahmed Khan ke saath baewaz 30 lakh sikae rajul waqt teh paaya gaya hai, kya aapko yeh Nikkah qubool hai?'.

Looking at Mehreen, he knew there was no harm in making the relationship work. He agreed and said 'Qubool Hai'. The Molvi asked two more times and Faris confidently agreed.

Congratulations echoed everywhere. Sweets were given around to celebrate the new couple and blessing to the two were given.

Faris asked if he could go out for some time to clear his mind. He looked at Mehreen and turned away. Mehreen thought 'yeh pakka zaroor mujhpe gussa hongeh, ya phir apni dukhi zindagi par ro raheh hongeh'. Mehreen closed her and eyes and thought a plan of what to do if he shouted at her or claimed that she wasn't anything other than his replaced bride.