Qurbat Part Two قربت

It was 7 in the night when the plane had landed at the Velana International Airport on the Hulhulé Island

Clutching Mehreens hand, Faris and Mehreen boarded out of the plane with the air hostesses bidding them goodbye. It took a while for the suitcases to arrive and as soon as they reached, Mehreen and Faris sat in a cab that they had pre-booked.

Once reaching the hotel, Mehreen fell on the bed and dozed off to sleep. Faris shook his head and tried waking her up but she was too tired to move.

Smirking, Faris picked her up in bridal style which made Mehreen eyes shoot open. She looked at him and screeched at him to put her down.

Faris looked at her innocently and said 'kya, mein toh sirf tumhara help kar raha hun. Tum so rahi thi to socha ke tumhareh kapreh...'.

Not allowing him to finish his sentence, Mehreen smacked him on his chest and spoke 'itne besharam hain aap yeh nahin jaanti thi mein. Apne kapreh khud badal sakti hun'.

She jumped out of his hold and began to open her suitcase. Once getting her nightwear out, she entered the bathroom and began to change.

A few minutes passed by when she came out and sat on the bed. Faris asked her what she would like to eat. Both ordered Masroshi, a Maldivian savoury snack as neither were hungry.

After their food was delivered to them, they ate in silence and due to no time difference between both countries, Faris phoned his father to tell him that they had reached the resort.

After they ate their food, both laid on the bed. Faris turned on the TV and watched a programme for a while. Mehreen dozed off whilst watching the programme. Faris switched the TV off, stood up and draped the duvet on Mehreen. He didn't know what overtook him, but he bent down and kissed her forehead. Mehreen sensing the touch, sighed in bliss.

Faris smiled looking at her sleeping form, read a few ayats on her and proceeded to sit on his side of the bed. He looked at her laid down and looked above the ceiling in contentment.

The last day of the honeymoon- [Present Day]

As the final day dawned, Faris and Mehreen explored the Hulhulé Island. From visiting the National Museum to visiting the building of Hukuru Miskiy, Mehreen had loved every bit of this place. She was sad about leaving the place, but Faris had consoled her that whenever she wanted to he would bring her here.

The days went by and Faris' inner turmoil had finally solved. He was surely falling in love with Mehreen. Her complaints, her anger, her shyness, her everything, he was falling heads over heels for her and he wasn't complaining. Likewise, Mehreen was falling in love with him but always kept her feelings hidden unsure of what Faris' reaction would be.

He wanted to confess his feelings to her and was on a mission to surprise her. He gathered his feelings the day they were walking down the markets buying gifts for the family members.