Sach ya Faraib سچ یا فریب

Once the driver parked the car, both entered the house to see silence. Everyone was sitting in the lounge but no one was talking. Paying their Salam, all eyes went on them.

Just then someone came running and hugged Faris.

Faris grabbed the person and pulled them aside. What shocked Mehreen next was the person right in front of her.

It was the girl who was meant to be wedded on the day.

It was Safa.

Pulling Safa aside and looking at Mehreen, Faris blinked in comfort sensing her uneasiness. He grasped Mehreen from the waist and entered the lounge. Dada Jaan pat both of their heads and they sat on the sofa.

Mehreen looked at her mother with questioning eyes and her mum signalled to her that she would explain everything later.

Azad Khan and his wife sat on the sofa looking at Mehreen and Faris' closeness. Azad Khan turned to Dada Jaan and began to speak 'Dekhein aaba ji, jo kuch bi hua is sab mein meri beti ka koi kasoor nahin hai. Yeh keh rahi hai ki iska agwah hua hai toh is ki baat ka yaqeen karein'.

Dada Jaan looked at him and not wanting to lash at him mockingly said 'tumhari beti ke kon de dushman hai yeh mujhe batao'.

Safa walked to her Nana Jaan and fell on her knees. 'Nana Jaan, meri baat ka yaqeen karein. Mein jhoot nahin bol rahi. Woh loug kon hai yeh mujhe nahin maloom'. Safa was speaking whilst tearing up.

Sighing, her mum grabbed her to her chest and patted her to calm down.

Sadia, Safa's mum looked between her husband and her father and stated something that shook both Mehreen and Faris.

'Abba ji aap Faris aur Safa ka Nikkah karwadein'.

Hearing this, Ahmed Khan (Mehreens dad) looked at her and said 'Sadia, shaadi koi mazaak nahin hai. Meri beti ka ghar basaneh se pehle hi ujaarneh ki koshish kar rahi ho aur mein yeh bardasht nahin karunga'. Sadia looked back at her brother and challenged him

'Toh aapki beti neh konsi shaadi karni thi Faris seh. Yeh toh shayad Faris ki unchahi biwi hai. Bas in dono ki talaaq karwadein. Iske aur bi rishte aasakteh hain'.

Faris looked at the commotion in front of him and wanted to do nothing but scoff in front of her face.

He said to her in a dominating voice 'toh aapki beti ke AUR bi rishte aasakteh hain, kyun sahih kaha hai na Puppho'.

Sadia quietened down and eyed at her daughter to do something. Sadia wasn't going to let anyone take her daughters status. She wanted her daughter to get the status of the older daughter in law of the house. She wanted her daughters husband to have the property. She wanted her daughter to rule the house. No one else could take that position, not even Mehreen.

Safa went crying to Faris and said 'aap ko mera bharosa kyun nahin hai Faris. Aap ko lagta hai ki mein aap ko dhoka deh sakti hun'.

Faris nonchalantly stated 'haan, balkeh lagta nahin, yakeen hai ki tum ne aiseh kiya hoga'.

Azad Khan angrily stated 'Faris, himmat keseh hui meri beti se yeh baat karneh ki'.

'Toh Puppha aap apni beti se puchein ki Rohail kaun hai'. Faris looked at Safa and stated.

Hearing this, Safa's eyes widened and looked at Faris in shock.

'In fact mein usseh khud bulake aaya haan'. Faris looked at her and smiled.

'Is ki koi zaroorat nahin hai Faris, mein yahan hun'. A voice boomed from behind.

Past- The Unknown Phone Call

The phone kept on ringing constantly. Faris was about to pick up the phone when it went silent and a message popped on the screen.

The message read
salaam, jaanta hun ki yeh unknown number se aap ko phone kar raha hun, lekin mujhe safa ke silsile mein aap se baat karni hai'.

Faris phoned the number and after a couple of rings the man picked up.

'Assalamu Alaikum, kaun hai yeh'- Faris

'Walaikum Assalam. Mein Rohail baat karraha hun. Mein Safa ka ex-boyfriend hun'- Rohail

'Jaanta hun ke aap hairan hongeh, lekin mein sach keh raha hun. Darasal baat hai yeh ki woh aap ke ghar waapis aarahi hai to meneh socha ki mein aapko fauran se batadun'- Rohail continued

'Jis din aap dono ka Nikkah teh hogaya tha, us din woh mere saath bhaag gayi thi. Us neh kaha ki us ki shaadi us ki razamandi ke bina ho rahi thi aur woh halaat se majboor thi'- Rohail added

'Jhoot bola tha usneh aapse'- Faris sos after hearing her lies and tried to control his anger.

'Jaanta hun isilyeh mein aap ko sab kuch batana chahta hun'- Rohail stated

'Teekeh filhaal mein mulk se baahir hun, kal tak mein waapis aajaon ga. mein aapko address bej dunga'- Faris stated

The call ended and Faris sent him the home address.

Faris didn't know whether the call was factual as it was a matter of three lives but went with his gut instinct.

Faris was about to leave the balcony but remembered to phone Dada Jaan. He told Dada Jaan everything and not to say the old man was fuming.

Faris told Dada Jaan the plan and Dada Jaan certainly hoped that the plan didn't backfire on them.

Flashback ends-

Faris walked towards the man and said

'Assalamu Alaikum Rohail. Keseh ho'. Rohail replied back and entered the house. His eyes roamed the house and landed on Safa.

Rohail smirked looking at Safa who looked visibly shook and scared ready to extract his revenge on her for breaking his trust.