Qurbat Part One قربت

Time Skip: It has been a month since their wedding. Both have grown in terms of their friendship and everything has gone smoothly. Faris has time of work and decides to surprise Mehreen with a trip to Maldives.

Faris entered the room to see Mehreen sleeping like a cute koala bear. Taking a picture of her, Faris nudged her and woke her up. Mehreen groggily woke up and payed her Salam to which he replied back. Sitting on the bed, he began to untie his laces until he felt Mehreen hugging him. He said to her  'kya hua?' to which she replied 'kuch nahin bus exam results ki pareshani hai'.

Faris sighed and said to her 'Kyun har waqt itna ulta sochthi ho. Exams acheh se de kar aayi ho aur In sha Allah, results bi bohot acheh hongeh'. Mehreen hmmed and hoped that was true.

Faris said 'Acha meri almari mein jao aur kapreh le kar aana please'. Mehreen went to the cupboard and opened it. She found him a shalwar kameez and brought it out. She gave it to him and he thanked her.

He went in the bathroom to have a shower and came out with only a towel. Mehreen looked at him and turned the other way. Blushing she said 'eeehhhh kya pehna hai aap'. Faris smirked seeing the effect he had on her.

For a few days he had been noticing how she would blush when he was present and when her cousin and siblings would tease her. He noticed how she would smile whenever someone mentioned his name. Whenever Alysha called her Bhabhi Jaan. She was behaving like a newly wed bride and he enjoyed every minute of it. But he was confused of his own feelings. Did he like her or was it just infatuation. Shaking his thoughts he looked at her and said

'Kya hua. Shohar hun mein tumhara. Eseh haal mein tum dekh sakti ho koi or to nahin'. Mehreen looked at him and blushed. Faris looked at the sight in front of him and began to laugh, whereas Mehreen looked here and there due to embarrassment.

Mehreen turned to the door and was about to run out when she felt someone pulling her. She collided to Faris' bare chest.

'Ruko to sahi, hamesha bhagneh ki jaldi hai tumhe'. Faris opened the drawer of the dressing table and placed two tickets on Mehreens hand. Mehreen looked at the tickets and her eyes widened and her lips stretched into a smile.

'Aghhhhh Oh My God, Faris hum Maldives jaa raheh hain'. Mehreen looked at Faris for confirmation and he nodded his head. She smiled at him and hugged him whereas Faris stiffened.

After a few seconds realising what she had done, she let go of Faris and thought he hadn't liked the action she had done. She turned to go when Faris hugged her back and felt peace in his heart.

Mehreen relaxed in his arms and embraced him tightly. The world could say they both were in love but both didn't understand whether it was love or not.

Mehreen for the past few weeks noticed Faris looking at her intensely whenever others were talking to her or whether she was getting teased. She didn't know what her feelings were towards him but she knew that she was lucky to have him in her life.

She got out of her thoughts and moved away from Faris. She looked at him and said 'aap ne tayi ammi ko bataya hai'. Faris nodded his head and said 'haan, unheh pata hai aur chalo jaldi se packing shuru karoh flight kal subah ki hai'.

Mehreen looked at him and said 'itni jaldi packing keseh karungi'. Faris looked at her and said 'help kardunga aur aaram se hojayega. Pata nahin tum hamesha stress kyun hoti ho. Apni choti dimaagh ko stress mat do'.

Too excited about the trip, Mehreen decided not to argue back and began to help with the packing. After a solid two hours, both had finished the packing and fell onto the bed once done. Mehreen complained 'itni mehnat aur woh bi sirf packing par'. Faris laughed at her complain and told her that they should head downstairs as it was time for Dinner.

Both entered the dining hall and sat on their respected seats. Faris smiled at her and told her to start eating. After a few minutes of silence, Mehreens Ammi spoke 'tum dono ki flight kab hai'. Faris replied 'chachi kal subah ki heh'.

Mehreens mum nodded her head and asked if they had packed their things. Both nodded their head. Alysha, Mahajbeen and Mohsin gave a huge list of what they wanted from the country and Faris and Mehreen sarcastically nodded their heads. Everyone sat in the lounge, had their cup of tea and went to their respective rooms as it was late at night.

Faris and Mehreen went into their room and sat on the bed. For the first week, Faris had slept on the sofa. Fearing for his back ache, Mehreen told him to sleep on the bed and both had divided the bed with cushions. But the cushions were of no help as in the morning Mehreen would always be on top of him.

Both said good night to each other and slept awaiting for the next day.

The next day-
It was 7am in the morning when Faris' alarm rang on his phone. Groaning he switched the alarm off and woke up from his slumber. Getting up, he woke Mehreen up, but she wasn't on the bed. Confused he got up and searched for her when she came out of the bathroom all ready.

Looking at her, he spoke 'khairyat hai, tum aur itni subah jaagna. Kya hua?'. Mehreen looked at him and said 'hamein nahin jaana hai kya'. Pushing him in the bathroom, she told him to hurry up and get ready.

A few minutes later, Faris came out and fixed his hair. He looked at Mehreen and said 'ready'. Mehreen happily jumped and linked her arms with his.

As both of them reached downstairs, Dadi Jaan recited a lot of Duas and blew on them. Dada Jaan pat both of the heads and their parents hugged them and blessed them. Their siblings hugged them and reminded them of their huge list of demands.

The driver had collected the suitcases and put them in the car boot ready to go. Faris and Mehreen entered the car and waved the family goodbye.

As they reached the airport and the check-in was done, they sat in the airport lounge. Mehreen was on her phone searching for places they could visit and Faris was shaking his head on her excitement.

Half an hour passed by when the announcer had made the announcement that the passengers were ready to board the flight.

The land off took place and Mehreen was looking at Faris excitedly. Many surprises awaited them and the blessed night was yet to come, followed by a storm that would arrive, either shattering them or unifying them.