Subh صبح

It was 9am in the morning when Faris woke up from his sleep. He went to the bathroom and did his routine and came out to see Mehreen still asleep.

Shaking his head, he opened the curtain. Hearing Mehreen groan in annoyance, he shook her to wake her up. But she didn't wake up. He let her sleep for 10 minutes whilst he was getting changed. Once he changed he woke her up to no avail.

Sighing in annoyance he grabbed a jug of water and threw it on her face.

Mehreens POV :
Mehreen squinted her eyes as she could feel the curtain opening. She heard Faris calling her but kept her eyes closed because no one was allowed to disturb her sleep. But little did she know that a jug of water would fall on her face.

'Agh'. Mehreen screamed as she felt the water all on her. 'Faris BHAI yeh kya kar diya aapneh'. Faris glared at her and said 'Bhai to mat kaho'.

Mehreen playfully said 'toh phir aapko kya kahun?'. Faris rolled his eyes and said 'Faris hi kehdo aur Khuda ka waasta hai, Sab ke saamne bhai mat kehna'.

Mehreen said 'To akele mein, mein aapko bhai kehsakti hun'. Faris in horror looked at her and screeched 'Nahin'.

Hearing him screech, Mehreen fell on the bed backwards and stated to laugh her head off. Faris glared at her and said 'gin gin ke badle lunga mein tumse'.

Mehreen rolled her eyes and walked into the bathroom to get changed, whereas Faris fixed the bed.

Soon Mehreen came out of the bathroom in a light blue suit.

Applying Makeup on her face she was ready to go down when Faris had stopped her

He went to his  cupboard and found a set of diamond earrings. Faris knew Mehreen loved earrings and on his business trip to Turkey, he had found a beautiful set. He had thought of giving it to her on her birthday that was coming in a few months. But he thought he might as well give it now for her muh dikhai.

Faris said 'kuch acha toh khareed nahi sakha tumhareh liyeh lekin yeh earrings tumhareh liyeh hain. Agar chaho toh kuch aur khareed sakteh hain'.

Mehreen looked at the earrings and was at awe. She thanked Faris and said 'kya matlab yeh acha nahin hai. Yeh set kitna pyara hai'.

Faris looked at the time and said 'Acha chalteh hain neeche, sab intezaar kar raheh hongeh'

Mehreen nodded her head and both went downstairs.

Everyone was awaiting for both of them. Faris and Mehreen payed their salaams and were about to sit on their seats, when Mehreen was stopped by Alysha.

Alysha said 'Bhabi Jaan, kahan jaa rahin hai aap. Aap ko toh bhai ke saath bethna chahiyeh'. Mehreen was about to reply when Faris' Ammi said 'haan bete wahan betho uske saath'. Mehreen nodded her head and glared at Alysha whilst she smirked at her.

Sitting next to Faris, and all the stares on her, Mehreen blushed in embarrassment. Mohsin taking it in the wrong way spoke 'Hai dekho behna ko, kitna sharmarahi hai'. Mehreen death stared him whereas, Faris looked at her thinking 'yeh itna laal kyun ho rahi hai'.

Dadi Jaan sensing Mehreens discomfort told Mohsin to shut up and told everyone to start eating.

Mohsin being himself didn't listen to Dadi Jaan and after a while said 'weseh jija ji neh munh dikhai mein kya diya tumhe'.

Mehreen looked up and said 'yeh earrings diya hai inho ne'. Mohsin looked at her in shock and Mehreen confusedly asked 'kya?'.

Mohsin said 'hai tu toh puri desi biwi bangayi heh'. Matlab itni izzat de rahi ho woh bi INKO. Bacheh hongeh tab 'Bacheh ki Abbu kaho gi'. Everyone laughed whereas both Mehreen and Faris turned red.

Mehreen choked and Faris grabbed the jug of water and gave her water from the cup. Sipping on the water, he asked her if she was ok to which she nodded.

Faris eyed Mohsin and told him to shut his mouth and eat. Dadi Jaan looking at the tiny action that Faris did prayed that her husband and her had made the correct decision.

The breakfast went smoothly as all the youngsters teased Faris and Mehreen, with the elders laughing, the grandparents shouting and the couple blushing in embarrassment.