SoarinDash... Yay or Neigh

There were three major reasons I started this book.

1) To ramble on about Best Ship

2) To ramble on about Worst Ship

3) To ask this one question: Why and How did this ship begin?

Alright, no shade shall be thrown! This isn't worst ship *cough* Rarjack *cough* level, but I still don't particularly get where the HYECK it came from. Dash and an idol of hers, now where on earth did this start? 

...

Probably not on earth, ay me?

This ship isn't anything I despise, but not even close to one I'd support. If SoarinDash had somehow become canon by the end, I admit, I'd have been just the teeniest tiniest bit frustrated. But, that's just 'cause this confuses the hell out of me.

I probably should be elaberating, huh?

Soarin, to me, doesn't have much personality. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a bad character. I just think that, compared to Rainbow or any of the other M6, he is quite lacking when it comes to personality. Heck, even SPIKE and BIG MAC have more of a character then Soarin. We know he's goofy. He likes pies. (and Dash hates pies) He's the co-captain of the WonderBolts. (aka an idol of Dash's) And... what else? I don't know if it's just me, or what, but I personally can't see a real character for the poor 'Bolt. I want to like him, I really do. Him being a WonderBolt, a big idol of Dash AND a prominent male character in the show, I really wanted to get to know him, but I really didn't. Not much at least.

Another issue I have with this duo is that... Soarin is her freaking idol! No, for real. Soarin is an absolute legend to Dash. And to me, Rainbow wouldn't just be able to think of him as a coltfriend. I- I personally can't see that happening. I really can't. Sure, SoarinDash has its moments, but I- just... not really buying the believability of it. I'm sorry, but just... nopey dope. 

One more thing. Remember Rarity Investigates? The episode where Wind Rider appeared in. The one where Ranbow was accused to have sabotaged Spitfire or whatever crap? Yea. In that episode, Soarin was awfully quick to jump on Rainbow Dash. (What a meanie mean pants, huh?) He accused her of having sent Spitfire away for her own benafit, and didn't back her up. You'd think that, you know, your boyfriend of all people would have your back in these sorts of situations. You'd think that two ponies who spent enough time together to have a coherent relationship would trust each other enough not to accuse the other of such an act unless proper evidence was found. (Keep in mind, this was way before they even found any actual proof. All of what Wind Rider had set up was what Rarity had found. The WonderBolts, and relevantly speaking, Soarin had no reason turning on the LITERAL EMBODIMENT OF LOYALTY HERSELF). 

Isn't trust apart of literally every kind of relationship you go into? I'm sorry, but that was the tipping point for me. I was ok with this until then. To me, it looked like a breach of loyalty and trust, something Dash holds highly, so I just... no. I'm sorry, but no. 

As I usually say, I've got no hate for the shippers, I find it kind of remarkable that we've got people in the fandom shippig something that is, to me, unimaginable. Jut shows how broad this fandom really is, huh?

Props to y'all, I suppose.

Now I guess, fluff? 

I think that's what I used to call it

As for the ratings:

1 Yay out of 10 

I'll repeat this: how and when's did this start. I'm for real. Not no shade or whatever. I'm being serious. When did this start? How did this start? Were y'all all: 'OMG, they look so freaking cute together!' And shipped or what?

Anyway. Thanks for readin'! 

Peace! :)