eight

Zara's Pov

Zara's Pov

The rest of the car ride was completely silent, as we approached his mothers house but before I could open my door he grabbed my hand.

"Before we go in-"

"I don't need rules, don't worry I won't embarrass you." He seemed satisfied with my response but still continued to talk. "Look I know you went through a lot growing up, but I want our relationship to start over."

Was this a trap? I never really trusted anyone, but now that I know Malcolm and him are allies in the Mafia, could I trust him?

"Hmmm, Look I'm your kid's nanny nothing more and nothing less." I have to admit Adonis was handsome but I'm not looking for a relationship. I've never been in one and frankly I don't believe in love.

I stepped out of the car and waited for Adonis to lead the way. He unlocked the front door and told one of his workers to take the car.

"Hijo te he echado mucho de menos, mi chico." An older woman came up to Adonis and hugged him tightly. When she noticed me she smiled. "And who are you sweetie?" I opened my mouth to speak but Adonis spoke before me. (Son I have missed you so much, my boy)

"She's no one."

"Oh don't be rude Adonis, honey what's your name."

"My name's Zara, I'm assuming you're his mother."

"You can call me Maria, honey, are you Adonis's girlfriend. Ella es hermosa Adonis." (She is beautiful)

"No mama she's not my girlfriend, she's Eli's new nanny."

"Not yet anyway, follow me, pretty girl." She told me and I did as she said.

I like her already

Adonis's Pov

We just got here and all mama could say how cute me and Zara would be together. I mean Zara is stunning and when I'm around her I can't seem to control myself. She brings out a part of me I never knew. I would never let people talk to me the way she does.

I walked to Eli's room when I saw them walking away.

I turned the corner and saw him passed out outside of his room. I chucked then went over to pick him up. I heard him mumbling in his sleep before he woke up.

"Daddy! Where's Zara?" Wow some son.

"She's in the kitchen with nana."

"Then put me down, I have been waiting for her all day."

"What about me?" I pretend to be hurt.

"It's about Zara not you daddy." He ran off to the kitchen.

I picked up some toys on the ground before following his lead. When I entered the kitchen Zara was seated with a mug in her hand and her legs crossed on a stull, with Eli in her lap.

Elias was telling her about his day as she nodded as if it were the most interesting thing she had ever heard.

I hope I made the right decision about her being his nanny. I saw mama rush in with a sack of photos in her hand. No, I know where this is going.

"This was Adonis when he was 5, he was a grumpy baby."

"Mama please no." She gave me a stern look but caved in.

"But I wanted to see Adonis." Zara said the look she gave almost made me say yes, but when mama said grumpy baby she wasn't joking. She rolled her eyes then looked down at her phone.

"Well I have to go."

"Noooooo, you just got here Za." Za? Must be a new nickname. She looked at me in a way of saying 'get your son' before kissing mama on the cheek and grabbing her jacket.

"Eli I'll see you later k?"

"You better not be lying." He said before grabbing his woody toy and storming away. As Zara neared the door I began to walk to my room as well until mama grabbed my ear.

"Go drive her home, foolish boy. I know you like her." I was surprised she was acting like this. Usually she hates my female friends.

I grabbed my keys and did what I was told.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Zara actually accepted the ride, her reason being 'Not even knowing the way out of this rich ass neighborhood'. She was staring out the window bobbing her head to the lowly playing music.

"You missed the turn." She started bluntly

"I want to take you somewhere."

"Cool, but I'm not paying." I pulled up at some diner and opened the door for her. I hope she sees I'm taking an effort to get on her good side. "Wow, I didn't know you could be a gentleman." We entered the diner and took our seats and waited for a menu.

I wanted to make small talk but she was looking everywhere but me. Why does she always do this?

"Just in case you forgot I'm not paying." She reminded me, when the waiter came to give us menus. He was a white guy and I had to admit, he didn't look too bad.

He winked at Zara before handing her a menu.

Did he not see me with her?

God I just want to strangle  this guy right here right now. "You can stop looking at my girlfriend now and give me my menu as well." Both of them looked at me wide eyed.

what?

HEYY GUYSS

WHAT DID YOU THINK💞💞