seventeen

Zara's Pov

Zara's Pov

I have been nannying Eli for a couple of weeks and I actually didn't hate it. I would wake up at 6 walk to Adonis's house and then he would drive me home at 8.

He doesn't know I don't drive there because if he did I'm sure he would make his driver come get me. But I like the morning air.

Today was Christmas Eve and usually I would go stay with Emmy. But with her not being here anymore I was all alone.

I walked out of my room. Adonis said I could have the holidays off.

Like I had anyone to share it with.

Brielle and her family went to China to celebrate with her other relatives. I would hang out with Chris but he has family plans.

Just great

I walked out of my room totally skipping the rooms. The house was dark and empty, it was only me.

I went outside and decided to take a walk. I never got to experience a real Christmas, when my mother was alive she would always say 'next year, I promise'. Sadly she never got to keep her promise.

I walked down the street clutching on my coat as the morning air ran past my body.

I heard a honk from behind me but kept walking, getting catcalled or kidnapped wasn't new in New York.

I heard another honk, this person was starting to annoy me. I heard a door close and footsteps from behind me.

My hand was grabbed from my coat and my body was whipped around.

"What!" I came in contact with Adonis. He was dressed in all black with no coat on.

I know he's freezing.

"Zara? What are you doing on the street on Christmas Eve?" Did he forget about the whole I killed my dad thing?

"I like to walk. Is that a problem?" A grin grew on his face before he pulled me into a hug. He liked to touch, a lot.

3 seconds had passed and he still hadn't pulled away.

What is he waiting for?

He pushed his face between my hair and my shoulder and whispered. "Hug me back and I'll let go."

I slowly raised one of my hands and pressed into his embrace not liking being told what to do.

"C'mon love it's not that hard, is it?"

"Adonis, let me go, that's enough. I was going on my morning walk and didn't ask to be smothered to death by a giant."

I pulled out of his grip and continued to walk.

"Wait wait," I turned back around with a glare on my face. "Mama is hosting a dinner tonight and she wanted me to invite you. I was just on my way to pick you up." Hmmm

"Please, Elias has been asking of you all week."

"Fine, I'll go."

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7."

"I can make it on my own." He shaked his head.

"At least let me drive you home." I didn't even get to finish my walk.

"No."

"No? It wasn't a question, let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me to his car.

"Have you ever driven before?"

"Nope." I popped the p, as I waited for him to open the door for him.

"Give it a try." He handed me the key. Excitement flowed through my body and a smile lifted to my face. "Really!" He only nodded and I ran to the driver side of the car.

I settled down into the seat and adjusted the chair and the mirrors. "Ok now what?"

"You never drove before have you?"

"Obviously, what do I do?"

"Ok, slowly press on the gas then hit that then slowly get into the speed limit." I wasn't really listening but plenty of people drive everyday, how hard could it be?

I turned my head with a smile facing Adonis. "Ready" Before he could respond I sped through the street and to my house.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You are NEVER driving again." He looked shocked and almost scared for his life. The whole ride he was trying to take over or squeezed his eyes shut.

Wimp.

"I think I drove great, plus we made it right?" I gave him a cheesy smile before hopping out of the car.

"You almost killed 2 dogs." He tried to reason.

"Ah, but I didn't." I opened the front door and stepped inside. "Thank you for driving me."

"No problem." He leaned and kissed my cheek. "See you at 7." And like that he closed the door and entered his car.

HEYY GUYS
WHAT DID YOH THINK
💞💞

I am working on the next chapter right now!
I wanted to do a Christmas Special because today is Christmas!

Thank you guys for getting me up to 10k reads!!

It means so much to me, I couldn't ask for a better Christmas!