Chapter 21

Jason shifted Billy against him, his grip tightening slightly. "Red Hood, get him out of here. Nightwing, Red Robin and I have this handled," Batman said, glancing at the pair before locking eyes with Harley. Jason nodded once before turning heel and bolting. Snarls ripped through the air and Billy watched over Jason's shoulder as chaos ensued behind them.

- - -

Jason managed to get Billy out of the building without much trouble, shattering a window and managing to get him to the Batmobile without much jostling. They paused for a moment as Jason sat Billy down in the backseat of the armored car. 

Gunshots rang out through the air, making the pair flinch. Jason glanced back towards the building before looking back at Billy. "Stay here," he said, shutting the car door before taking off back towards the old warehouse.

Billy gripped his side tightly- blood was had started to seep out of the wound due to all the jostling- and gripped the door handle with his other hand. He pushed it open, only to have a small figure land in front of him, pointing a sword mere inches from his face.

Strangely enough, it reminded him of something Damien would do.

The raven's eyes widened and he yelped, wincing in pain before realizing that it was Robin standing in front of him. "You are supposed to stay in the car," the boy wonder growled out, which for some reason, also sounded oddly familiar to Billy- maybe it was the bloodloss?

Nevertheless, the boy was currently keeping him inside the Batmobile with the tip of his sword, glaring at him through a domino mask. "Stay put," he said before sheathing his sword and bolting towards the warehouse.

Billy watched him leave, glancing down when a sharp pain shot through his abdomen. Blood had already been seeping through his shirt, but now it was really flowing. The cloth around his side was wet, and matted against his skin. His side felt like it was on fire, and his vision was getting dizzy.

"Ba...baman..." he slurred, the warehouse multiplying in his vision as things started getting much too hazy for his liking. "Jay..." he mumbled, a small whimper of pain coming out of his mouth as tears bead in his eyes. 

This wasn't the worst injury he'd sustained before, but something inside him was telling him that there was something that made this all much worse. He couldn't stop the tears welling in his eyes- not from pain, but from fear.

"I wan' my dad..." he mumbled softly, his voice shaking as he slumped against the seat of the Batmobile. Blood was trickling down his side and dotting the dark material of the seat- he hoped Batman wouldn't be mad.

"...illy?!"

"Oh God-"

"-im home, NOW!"

There was the sharp sound of screeching tires, and Billy felt pressure against his side. "Hold on kid, hold on-" Was that Jason? It sounded like Jason...

"God Damnit Bruce!"

Where was Bruce...? Was he in the Batmobile? None of this made sense.

"Stay awake, kiddo, you gotta stay awake."

But it all hurt so much...

"Billy, please..."

He whimpered in pain. He tried staying awake, really he did, but the darkness was so welcoming. "Shuz..." he mumbled, a weak last attempt at trying to gain control over what was happening.