Epilogue

- - -

"For bringing me here in the first place."

- - -

The next two weeks were a whirlwind of commotion and events. 

Billy was enrolled with a tutor, working on his math skills, history, and reading some days, and learning magic from John on others. 

It was a nice balance, giving him some much-needed stability in his schedule (as well as some much-needed schooling).

He'd finally, finally formally introduced himself to the Justice League- shook Superman's hand with a determined smile and Batman as his side. 

Sure, they were worried at first, but a quick reminder of the things he'd done on previous missions and some well-placed comments on his powerset from the Dark Knight later, and the kid no longer felt like his position was in danger. 

Even better, he felt closer to the League than he ever had.

He didn't have to hide that part of himself from them- he could show his genuine enthusiasm at something he thought was cool and they'd go with it. 

He could stand in front of the Watchtower windows and stare into the endless expanse of space for hours, and Barry would tousle his hair, bringing him out of his trance before taking off, pulling the demigod into a game of tag around the satellite.

Billy had also grown closer with the rest of the Batclan- if that was even possible.

He stayed up many a late night with Damien, the pair laying on the floor of one of their bedrooms, talking about everything and nothing, or they'd play one of Damien's videogames- (or, more realistically, Damien would play, and Billy would watch with starry eyes).

He'd join Tim in the library, and they'd read quietly together for hours, unaware of the passage of time as they let their books take them away to far-off lands.

Dick was teaching him hand-to-hand combat, something he insisted Billy learn for whenever he couldn't "power up" as he called it. 

It had become a bi-weekly thing, the elder man dragging billy down to the gym and wrapping his hands excitedly every time.

He and Alfred had taken to baking together, as Billy was the only one allowed to make anything in the kitchen with the man, and Billy enjoyed every second of it- especially when he got to taste test Alfred's food.

And Jason- he'd join the boy on the roof, staring up at the stars with him and teaching Billy about the constellations. They'd talk about their days, about who'd they'd fought, about missions they'd gone on, all sitting under the stars that shone over Gotham.

He even got closer to Bruce; the man had asked him to join him on multiple patrols, though, he had had to change his outfit in order to do so. John had helped him with that, teaching him a simple cloaking spell to turn his uniform and cape black. 

Bruce had been surprised the first time he saw it, and took it in stride with a warm smirk towards him before climbing into the Batmobile.

He'd gotten the chance to join the family and experience his first charity ball, something he was woefully underprepared for, but ended up being more fun than he'd thought it'd be when he'd teamed up with Damien and Tim to prank some stuffy politician the pair told him liked to fund supervillain's exploits.

His brothers joined him on his rounds in Fawcett sometimes, helping him take down muggers and the occasional giant robot, and he'd even managed to convince Bruce to help him out once or twice too- though he'd commented that Fawcett was much too sunny for his tastes.