Pt. 15

That letter kept Kaeya up all night. He read it over and over again.

I can't believe he's taking time out of his schedule for me.

He often didn't feel worthy of Albedo's love. He was known for being a bit of a playboy, never settling down. Albedo was held in such high esteem and treated everyone with care. How could such a perfect person care about him?

When Kaeya woke up he felt a weight on his chest and looked over, the Chief Alchemist was lying next to him. Kaeya smiled from ear to ear. Albedo yawned and looked up at him.

"You're finally awake, that's nice." He smiled, "Though it was nice to cuddle you."

Kaeya flopped back down. "Now that I'm awake I can cuddle you back."

No words we exchanged between the two of them, they just looked into eachother's eyes and held the other closely.

Kaeya kissed Albedo's nose and smiled. "I planned a date for us." Kaeya smirked. Albedo's face lit up,

"You did?"

Kaeya wanted to plan the day so Albedo wouldn't have to worry about it, plus he knew a pretty spot.

"Yes, a picnic on under the tree near Windwail Highland." Albedo smiled.

"Let's get going then."

***

Kaeya set up the picnic, a basket with sandwiches, wine, and cookies. Albedo nuzzled up next to Kaeya and poured some wine. Albedo's smile dropped. "Can I talk about something sad for a bit?" Albedo asked. Kaeya cupped Albedo's face, "Of course. I'm here for you."

"If I ever try and destroy Mondstadt, what would you do?" Albedo was looking at the branches of trees, tracing the outlines of the leaves with his fingers in the air.

Kaeya thought for a minute, "I'd take you away from Mondstadt and we'd go somewhere else. I'd never look back."

Albedo laughed. "Okay, okay. I hope it won't come to that."

Kaeya lifted up his glass to toast, and Albedo followed suit.

"To our future."

Albedo smiled, "To our future."