Pt. 23

The two made their way to the Angel's Share, walking closely together. Kaeya made jokes along the way that earned him a small giggle in return. That was enough for him.

He didn't really like extravagant things, as outgoing or fancy as he is, he appreciates the little acts more the big ones. When Albedo laughs, when he makes dinner, when he sends him a letter. That meant so much to him.

Then Kaeya shuddered from the cold and Albedo handed him his scarf. "Ah-theres really no need, my dear. I'm not that cold." Albedo scoffed and wrapped the scarf around Kaeya.

"It feels like summer was just yesterday..." Albedo sighs.

"Can't be helped, time flies when you're having fun." Kaeya smiles and kisses Albedo's forehead. "And I've never had so much fun." Albedo laughs and takes his hand and leads him down the street.

They opened the tavern and were greeted with an overwhelming smell of alcohol. Albedo made a face and Kaeya chuckled.

"It reeks." Albedo hissed.

"It won't be so bad upstairs. And aren't you going to drink anyways?" Albedo just shrugged and they went to the top floor.

The ambience was completely different upstairs. Nobody else was there, and the music and chattering were almost completely drowned out.

"It's almost peaceful." Albedo said. Kaeya pulled out a chair for him and he sat down.

"Thank you." Albedo smiled and fixed the silverware on the table.

Kaeya raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong with it?" He asked.

"It's not set up properly. The spoon goes over here." Albedo responded as he shuffled the utensils around the table.

"I figured an aristocrat like you ought to have taken note of that." Albedo told him.

"I'm just a street rat, don't get your expectations too high."

Albedo didn't respond but just set his napkin on his lap. Kaeya followed suite and they ordered drinks as soon as Charles came up.

"Hello gentlemen, what can I get you this evening?" He asked.

"Good evening Charles." Albedo replied. "If it wouldn't inconvenience you please surprise us with any drink, nothing too strong though." Charles nodded and put his notepad back in his apron.

"Of course, it'll be no trouble at all."

"Nothing too strong huh?" Kaeya smirked and rested his head in palm. "Hoping to get to know me more, or perhaps enjoy the moment more?"

Albedo flicked Kaeya. Kaeya yelped. "Never put your elbows on the table. You're a lost cause." Albedo scolded, Kaeya scoffed in response.

Kaeya perked up and smiled.

"What?" Albedo asked, a little worried. Kaeya hummed and just shrugged. Charles came around with their drinks, and Kaeya whispered something to him. Albedo rolled his eyes. Charles nodded and went downstairs.

"How nice, Bloody Marys." Kaeya picked up his glass and smiled. "Have you ever had one Albedo?" Kaeya asked, tilting his head and putting his lips to the rim of the glass.

"Ah-I no." Albedo stuttered. Kaeya knew what he was doing. "I don't drink besides when I'm with company."

Albedo took a sip and made an unflattering expression, causing Kaeya to burst out laughing.

"Oh my! Is it that bad?" Albedo pouted.

"It's just sour, I don't mind it." Albedo couldn't help but laugh a bit.

Charles came back up just a minute later, "Here you are Sir Kaeya." He said handing Kaeya a key.

"You don't have to call me that, you know how low I've fallen." Charles just waved his hand as he walked away.

Albedo sighed, it couldn't be helped, Kaeya's sparky remarks were endless.

"Oh, Sir Kaeya?" Charles asked before he walked away.

"Hm?" Kaeya hummed in response.

"Do you two...are you-uh-going out?" He coughed a little while saying that.

"Oh? Is that the word around town?" He chuckled. "We're just friends, don't worry about silly little rumors." Kaeya teased and winked at Albedo.

"Really? I thought we enjoyed quite the intimate friendship." Albedo replied slyly and made jarring eye contact with him. His piercing eyes were enough to make Kaeya fall inlove with him again.

"I'll take my leave, Sir Kaeya. Sorry to intrude." He stumbled away, and Albedo and Kaeya laughed.

"What's that?" Albedo questioned, looking over to what Charles had given to him moments ago.

"A key." Kaeya teased. Albedo sighed, it couldn't be helped, Kaeya's sparky remarks were endless

Kaeya got up and went over to a door a few feet ahead of them. He pushed the key in and opened it, resulting in a burst of cool air pouring into the room. Kaeya turned to see Albedo's eyes light up, causing him to smile.

"A balcony!" Albedo smiled and stood ran over to Kaeya.

"Indeed it is, my dear." Kaeya kissed Albedo's head and grabbed their drinks from the table, moving them to the balcony. When Kaeya got back the sun had begun setting and Albedo was staring in awe.

The alchemist looked away for only a moment to link an arm around Kaeya's.

"Haven't you seen this before?" Kaeya asked.

Albedo smiled. "Yes, but this is different. The atmosphere, the season, and of course, I'm here with you."

Kaeya unlinked his arm from Albedo's so he could wrap his arm around him.

"You're fascinating." Kaeya told him. "And beautiful." Albedo smiled. They sat down and finished their drinks.

Kaeya was staring off into the sunset and was reminded of how often he used to stay up with Diluc watching the sun rise and set.

"I miss being Diluc's brother, you know that?" He sighed. Kaeya looked at Albedo and saw him wide eyed and pointing to his right. Kaeya raised an eyebrow and looked over.

Diluc was standing there with a pitcher to refill their drinks. Kaeya felt a pang in his chest. Diluc's face was unreadable, even more so than Albedo's.

Was he sad? Repulsed? Disappointed?

Kaeya got up and opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. Instead, Diluc set the pitcher down and hugged Kaeya. Kaeya was frozen in place, how long had it been?

He moved his arms to hug him back, and felt tears involuntarily roll down his cheeks. He pulled back to wipe them away.

"I'm sorry, Diluc." He cried. "I'm so, so sorry." Diluc put his hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry too."

Kaeya laughed. "And Albedo, I'm sorry you have to just sit here and watch this."

The three of them laughed. Diluc smiled, genuinely smiled, and waved goodbye.

"I have to get back to work, thank you Kaeya."

Kaeya smiled and sat back down.

"He never refilled our drinks." He pouted, but smiled.

Note: yay brothers; anyways yall idk how to write the rest of their date it's lowkey weird to like kiss right after you make up with your brother so idk