Pt. 20

The next night Kaeya, Rosaria, and Venti were all at the bar waiting for Diluc's shift so they could get the spill on Diluc and the man who stole his heart.

Once Diluc walked in the bar Kaeya grinned and Venti giggled. "Sooooo Master Diluc, a little birdie told me you went out with your childhood crush." Venti was circling around him and making kissy faces.

"For God's sake, can I even get behind the bar?" He was flustered but still he looked willing to talk.

"How did you get him to ask you out anyways?" Kaeya questioned. "Last I heard you two had been out of contact since dad died." Diluc sighed and smiled.

"You and Albedo were talking about it Barbara's concert and I know I called you fools, but..." He didn't finish his sentence but instead covered his mouth.

He poured himself some grapejuice and started over. "Let me rephrase that, you told me to go for it, so I did. I started talking to him again and he asked me on a date."

There were sarcastic "ooohs" and "aaahs" from the three at the bar which earned them a nasty look.

"Did he take you somewhere nice?" Rosaria asked, a snob at heart really.

"He took me out for dinner in Liyue." Diluc sipped his juice and refilled everybody else's glasses.

"Did he kiss you?" Venti got reaaaal close and asked him and Diluc snapped a towel at him to back off. Venti whined and Diluc crossed his arms.

"Yes actually."

Kaeya clapped and got the same treatment Venti did. While Venti and Kaeya were pretending to need emergency surgery and limping around, Rosaria continued to pry for information.

"So, what's this gentleman's name?"

"That doesn't need to be disclosed. All you need to know is he is from Mondstadt and treated me to dinner."

Diluc was wiping down glasses and then was called down to clean a table by one of the servers.

"What are you two clowns doing?" Rosaria was laughing but also embarrassed looking at Kaeya, who was holding his shoulder like he'd been shot and leaning against the wall and Venti, who was rolling on the floor wailing.

"Oh Sister Rosaria I've been wounded." Kaeya groaned putting a hand up to his forehead and sliding down the wall.

"You two had too much to drink." Rosaria grabbed her purse and Diluc rolled his eyes as she left, this meant he was on taking home drunk Kaeya duty.