Pt. 21

It had been a month since Albedo and Kaeya had last seen eachother. They had exchanged many letters, often gossiping about Diluc and the other knights. Kaeya received a letter when he returned home from the Angel's Share, expecting it to be another update from Albedo, but it was an invitation.

Dear Sir Kaeya,

The Dawn Winery would like to formally invite you to a ball being held this Saturday. Formal attire is reccomended. (And yes, the Chief Alchemist and Sister Rosaria have already received their invitations.) Please send this letter back to Dawn Winery to RSP.

- Dawn Winery

Kaeya smiled. It seemed Diluc really was softening up. He immediately re-sealed the envelope and sent it out the following morning, looking forward to going to the party. After all, he hadn't been to such a formal occasion in forever.

It was now Friday, one day before the party and Kaeya had the day off. Since Albedo's pep-talk, he had been working much harder. He wasn't really known for slacking off any more. He was enjoying his slumber when he was rudely awakened by a knocking at his door. He ignored it, but the door opened on it's own. That frightened him so he got up.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw it was just Albedo, standing there with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Hello, Sir Kaeya." He smiled. The bouquet was cecilia and windwheel asters, which reminded him of their outing together.

"Albedo..."

Kaeya smiled and didn't even have time to rub the sleep out of his eyes before Albedo embraced him, almost knocking Kaeya over.

"Are you happy to see me or something?" Kaeya laughed steadying himself and Albedo and rubbing his back.

"Be quiet." Albedo kissed Kaeya, quieting both of them.

"I'll admit I really did miss you." Albedo backed up and held Kaeya's hands in his own, swaying a bit. Kaeya thought about teasing him, but it had been so long since he had seen him, he couldn't help but just hold his hands tighter and smile.

"It's so nice to see and touch you, and not just communicate with you through letters." Kaeya sighed, looking into Albedo's eyes.

"I agree, if I had to read another one of your cheesy love-letters I think I would've puked." Albedo grinned. Now to most people, they barely would've seen a change in Albedo's face. However, Kaeya knew better than most how to read Albedo, and for the most part Albedo appreciated that.

Kaeya made a pouty face and got close to Albedo. "I thought you liked them." Kaeya was back to teasing him again, he couldn't help it. He was like that by nature. Albedo pulled at his cheeks.

"Maybe."

Kaeya took Albedo's hands off his his face and put then around his waist, pulling him in for another hug.

"I assume you came here for the ball?" Kaeya asked, backing up just a little, but not separating from Albedo.

"I did." Albedo smiled. Kaeya looked around, a little confused.

"You didn't bring a suit Albedo, it's a black tie event."

Albedo looked a little frustrated, embarrassed that he forgot. Kaeya just held his chin and smiled.

"I can get one tailored for you, I'll just have to put in a rush order." Albedo smiled and kissed him gently.

"How about we dance a little, practice for the ball?" Kaeya offered. Albedo nodded as Kaeya walked over to turn the radio on. It began to play a waltz and Kaeya held out his arm to Albedo.

"May I have this dance?"

"I would be honored, Sir Kaeya."

Albedo took his hand and Kaeya spun him around, making Albedo all dizzy and laughing.

"Slow down a bit, I haven't danced in a while." Albedo chuckled. Kaeya sighed teasingly and put one hand around Albedo's waist, and the other on his shoulder. They danced around in a square, just to start off easily.

Quickly they moved more freely and spun and held eachother tighter. The next song came on and it was more romantic.

Kaeya lifted one eyebrow and smiled, "This should be fun, no?"

"I think so." Albedo responded kissing Kaeya on the cheek and spinning him around. They swayed and spun for what seemed like hours before Kaeya left to go put in an order for Albedo's suit.

Albedo stayed and waited for Kaeya, cleaning up a bit. Mostly dusting and wiping the wine off his counters. He heard the door open.

"Ah Kaeya, you're back." Albedo smiled.

"Of course, I would never leave my dear alchemist for too long."

Kaeya walked over to the kitchen where Albedo was scrubbing a deep stain in one of Kaeya's glasses.

"You're so thoughtful, but I want to chat with you, would you like that?"

Kaeya put his arms around the alchemist's waist and Albedo set the glass in the sink.

"I would." He reached around to touch Kaeya's hands and tipped his head back so Kaeya could see his face.

Kaeya got all flustered all of a sudden and kissed him. Albedo turned around and Kaeya let go.

"What's wrong?" Albedo asked and grabbed one of his hands. Kaeya pulled him in close.

The Captain sighed, "I missed you. You're so sweet and gorgeous. I am so unbelievably lucky to have you."

When Albedo looked up at Kaeya, Kaeya noticed something twinkling in his eyes. Is that how he looked at Albedo?

"Kaeya." Albedo said.

"What is it?" Kaeya questioned as he ran his fingers through Albedo's hair.

"I think I just fell in love with you all over again."

Kaeya laughed and pushed Albedo away, gently.

"That was cheesy." Kaeya was laughing, but his face was still all red.

"Yes, but not as bad as your letters."

Albedo moved back over to Kaeya, who was now leaning up against the wall. He held his hand up to his forehead.

"You're awfully warm, have you been feeling okay."

Kaeya took his off his forehead and held it.

"Yes, my dear, you did this to me." Albedo looked a little worried. Kaeya sighed and made a hurt face, not unlike the one he was making when he was drunk back in the tavern at Rosaria.

"I'm Lovesick Albedo! I don't know what I'll do!"

Albedo laughed. Kaeya chuckled a bit, "I'm fine, I'm just blushing. It happens when you're inlove."

"Oh."

Now Albedo was blushing. He joined Kaeya in leaning against the wall, resting his head on his shoulder. They just talked about plans and what they had done while away from eachother. They laid down later, but kept talking. The two of them would ways find something to talk about.

Kaeya thought Albedo was an oblivious genius, with so much to give them world and so much compassion. And Albedo thought Kaeya was a romantic and ambitious knight, who had a bright future ahead of him. No matter what, the two of them would support eachother and help eachother. That, was certain.

Note: My longest chapter by far! Just a little reuniting chapter so not sure how it got so long. They're cuties and so is your mother. By the way, got some inspiration from the dancing thing from my friend who taught me how to dance, she's very sweet. I love my friends, they're so nice and patient with me. <3