Chapter 1- New Girl Time

Karasuma-sensei silently leads me to Class 3-E. I was wearing the standard female uniform properly, which made me look a bit stuffy. My long jet black hair was tied in a low ponytail. The big glasses that I had on framed my blue eyes. I followed him calmly with a BB gun and anti-sensei bullets in my arms. He told me the details of the assassination and the reward that will be given. Of course, I'm aiming for it. I got sent to this class for a reason, a very stupid reason. All because of grades. I personally don't care about grades, but even I lose my pride if I fall from Class A to Class E. "Then, I hope you get along with everyone well." After saying such a typical thing in a deadly serious way and opening the door for me, Karasuma-sensei leaves. I take a deep breath and walk in.

Everyone's eyes are on me, watching my every move. I hug the BBs tighter and tensed up. Then, I stumble over my own feet and fall on the ground dropping everything. "Ow...." The BBs roll everywhere and I try to hide my face. "I'm sorry. So sorry. Really sorry!" Everyone didn't seem to know how to react, however there was one guy that laughed carefreely. He had red hair and sat in a carefree posture. Some of the girls shushed him. I bit my 'tch' back and got up with a timid motion. I walk towards the yellow octopus and stood in front of the class next to him.

Koro-sensei got past his fluster and spoke, "N-now then everyone! Today, we have a new student with us. Please introduce yourself." Koro-sensei stepped aside, gesturing me to greet my classmates. With a slight tremble in my voice, I looked at everyone and presented myself properly.

"H-hello. My name is Katsumi Tsukino. Nice to meet you." I fidgeted my fingers and glaced around nervously. Everyone smiled and greeted back.

Koro-sensei then said, "You can go sit at an empty desk in the back-." I swiftly extended my right arm out, throwing a green, rubber knife right at Koro-sensei's face. "Nuya!" He screamed as he dodges the knife to his left. However, two of his tenticles bursted, surprising him and the rest of the class. It seems that he let his guard down because of my timid act and forgot about the BBs. I charged at him with another knife that I kept hidden in my other sleeve. However, with his other tenticles, he grabbed my wrist and prevented me from landing the finishing blow. I struggled to pierce him.

I grimanced and let out a dry laugh. "Ah ha ha, I thought that you weren't supposed to lay a hand on the students here." It was futile. I couldn't stab him. My 10 billion yen is drifting farther away from me. He removed the knife from my hands with a napkin and gently and let go of my wrist.

"That is true. However, that is only when concerning the students' safety. It doesn't mean that I'm just going to stand here and be an easy target for you. Nurufufufu." Koro-sensei had green stripes on his face.

"Tch. Pretty cocky for someone who had two of his tenticles bursted off." Koro-sensei flinched. As I walked towards the back, I let my hair down and unbuttoned my blazer. I took off the glasses and placed them in a case before putting them in my bag. Right when I went through the trouble of disguising myself. I sat a seat away from the redhead. He was smirking at me with a mischivous glint in his eyes. "Is there something that you need?" I asked him.

"Not really~. It's just surprising to see someone else had managed to hurt Koro-sensei," He said in a playful, but sly voice. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You mean..." He looked at me a bit curiously. "Somebody already beat me to it?!" I stared at him and he looked at me back a bit dazed. Suddenly, he broke into laughter. I wonder who it was? I rested my elbows on the desk. "Then again," I said as if I was bored. "Since they were only able to hurt him, I guess whoever tried to assassinate him failed. How lame." Right after I said that, I got a strange chill from that redhead. Bloodlust?

"Hmm... But you're no different either, Katsumi-chan~." His tone was playful and teasing, but there was a hidden taunt. It was strange. "Even though you started out well, in the end you've also failed." His posture and expression were all very innocent and showed no threat. Even so, I could sense a slight agitation. So it was him.

I gazed at him calmly and asked, "What's your name?"

He smiled and replied, "Karma Akabane. You can call me by my first name." I tilted my head and held it up with my hand, while letting a devious smile form on my face.

"Well, Akabane I personally have no problem with failure." I don't know why but, I kind of want to tease him. "But I'm sure that people like you can't even stand the idea of failing."

"It's actually the opposite," Karma replied. "If anything, it's people like you with a lot of pride that would get affected by such a thing. I mean, aren't you just blowing off steam right now?" He seems to be having fun.

"Not at all." I leaned back and crossed my legs. "I'm just a lazy slacker that managed to get a lucky shot. That's why it doesn't bother me."

"Heh~. Is that why you went through the trouble of putting on such an act?" A snide smile forms on Karma's face. "Somehow, it reminded me of something a certain bitch would do." *During this time in the teacher's office, Bitch-sensei sneezed.*

"It's common sense to decieve the enemy, Akabane." For some reason, I getting excited from these exchanges of backhanded comments. "In fact, hearing this from the guy who puts on an innocent act is like... Oh I know! Koro-sensei criticzing an octopus." Koro-sensei seems to be unsure of how to react to that comment.

"I wasn't really criticizing. I'm just saying that a loser shouldn't say anything about another person's loses." He gave me a wry smile as I stared hard into Karma's gold amused eyes. Even though I find this as entertaing as he does, I don't want to lose.

"Are you picking a fight?" I asked.

"That's what I want to ask." He responded sardonically.

Meanwhile, with the rest of Class E, Kayano leans towards Nagisa and asks, "Somehow, it doesn't seem like those two will get along well, huh?" Nagisa nodded in agreement.

"To be honest, I think that this is the first time I've seen anyone go against Karma using the same tactics as he does to clash with people," Nagisa commented.

Maehara turns around and says, "But still, isn't the new girl pretty cute? I don't remember seeing someone like her at the main building."

"Isn't she new?" Sugino asked.

"Actually, she isn't." Nagisa jumps a bit at the sudden familiar voice and takes out his phone. On the screen, Ritsu is there with a smile. "She was actually attending Kunugigaoka Junior High like everyone else since her first year. However she seemed to have fallen ill a few months later and stopped coming to school. When she returned, her grades have fallen drastically, thus sending her to Class E."

"Well, that could happen to anybody if they missed a lot of school, especially this one," Sugino said with pity and understanding.

"Yeah, but... Why are you on my phone, Ritsu?"

After a small laugh, Ritsu replied, "Because, right now in the back of the classroom the air is so stifling that it's hard to even breathe, much less speak."

Nagisa looks to the back and says, "Yeah, you're right." There was an intense bloodlust seeping from Karma and Katsumi. He looks at the students sitting in front of Karma-kun and Katsumi-san with compassion. He wonders just what kind of girl Katsumi-san is.

I noticed the guy with the girly face looking at me and gave him a small smile. It seems that there are more interesting people here than I thought.

Koro-sensei stares at the bullets on the ground and then back at the new student. Katsumi Tsukino. She managed to completely conceal her bloodlust, while performing the perfect act to let down my guard. However, what's even more frightening is how she knew exactly what to do to her audience's certain reaction. It seems that she will be a valuable addition to this class, especially to Karma-kun. I wonder... What kind of juicy gossip will form?!

For some reason, Koro-sensei's grin was bigger than usual and his face was pink. Just what on earth is he thinking?

*I do not own Assassination Classroom or the photo.