Chapter 18- Amiss Time (Part 2)

A/N- The point of view changes a lot in this chapter. 

Karma's POV

I waited outside, seeing everyone else on cleaning duty passed by. When I asked Nagisa if he's seen Katsumi, he just said that she went to get her bag. While leaning against the wall, I waited. Minutes passed, causing uneasiness to rise. I bit the tip of my thumb. Katsumi told me before, that Kuro has a grudge against her.

(Flashback.)

"Since his little brother told me that he was getting abused, Kuro blames me," Katsumi said. "But honestly, I blame him." She looked away staring listlessly at the floor. "Kuro left the house without his brother. Also, on the day his little brother told me about his situation, he died. There was nothing I could do." The ends of her fingers dug into her palm. "I never even got a chance to do anything."

I stared at her blankly, unsure of what to do. The truth is I wanted to comfort her, whether it's by hugging her, or patting her head, I just wanted do something. But... It doesn't look like there's anything for me to do. So I just asked a question instead, to continue the conversation.

"So Kuro's here to get revenge?" I asked. She looked back at me and gave me a small smile.

"When that happens can you..."

"Hmm?" Her faltering voice caught my attention. "What?" I asked.

"No... nevermind"

(End of Flashback.)

I rushed back into Class-E. The Katsumi that I know is strong enough to take care of herself. I slid open the door and saw Kuro sitting before Katsumi. She had her arms folded, and stared out the window. There was blood trickling from a scarlet line on her neck. She never needed my help. I walked over to her and checked if she had any other injuries.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Her cheeks were a little soaked, but her expression remained apathetic. Maybe that's why I tried to worry her sometimes.

"Karma..." She rested her head against my chest and held the sides of my shirt tightly. Because I want to make sure that she actually loves me. The knife was laid in front of Kuro. Kuro's eyes were fixed on it, as if it was haunting him. After considering everything I've heard, Kuro just acts on impulse. He does things, while trying not to be conscious of his actions. While doing so, he relies on the person's reactions to keep him going; such as fear or anger. But that can easily be stopped, if he receives a shock. "I blame him," is what she said before. From what I see, Katsumi probably released her blood lust. Since there never was anyone to rely on, she probably keeps trying to do things by herself. I can respect that... But...

This is a bit selfish...

Then I saw the notice on the board and smirked at it. I walked over to Kuro, and Katsumi watched me with surprised eyes. "Hey, Kuro-san." I picked up the knife. "Can you tell the Board Chairman something?" But... An innocent grin appeared on my face. "We don't need this rule to keep us focused on studying. If he has a problem with that, then tell him to wait a little." I threw the knife so that it pierced the notice paper at its center. "Soon, Class E will take the top."

... I want to be the only one that makes her worry.

Katsumi's POV

I stood there dazed, unable to say anything. Karma then turned to me with a small smile.

"Let's go." He extended his hand towards me. As if in a trance, I took his hand absentmindedly. The rest was like a blur. My feet just naturally followed the footsteps Karma left behind. The hand that pulled me along felt very reliable and trustworthy. Once I felt the raindrops staining my shoulders, I stopped for a moment.