Chapter 5- Beating Time

We went inside my house and I tossed Karma towel, "Here."

        "Thanks~." He was about to wipe himself with it, but stared at my wet blouse. He smirked and placed the towel over my shoulders, wrapping me in it. "Don't you think that you should take care of yourself first?" asked Karma.

        I stared at him blankly and replied, "It's proper manners to take care the guest first." I threw another towel at his face but, he dodged it. Tch.

        After we dried off and everything, I sat down on the couch next to Karma. He looked around studying the interior of my home. "Are your parents working?" he asked.

        "Yeah," I replied while opening a bag of chips. "They own a restaurant and usually work until it's late at night." I took a bite and offered some to Karma. I wonder what friends do when they go over to each other's houses... Ah! "Hey, wanna watch a drama together?" I asked with an excited voice.

        "Sure," he replied while taking a chip. I pressed the remote, but the T.V. screen was still blank. I kept pressing, but it was no use. Now that I think about, my house is kind of cold. The heating should have turned on automatically. "Katsumi-chan. I think that-."

        "No," I said in disbelief. I quickly went over to my laptop. It turned on but, there was no internet! "No!" My phone! I checked my phone, however there was only about 5% left. "N-oo-oh...." I fell down on the couch, face down. Despair took over the room like the stormy clouds outside. "Is this my punishment? For watching dramas in Bitch-sensei's class?" Karma just laughed and placed his hand on top of my head.

        "It's okay, Katsumi-chan." He rubbed my head and I caught his hand. I moved up right against him and put my face in front of his.

        "No it's not!" I screamed. "Karma, do have any idea how bored-!"

        "Did you just call me 'Karma'?" He smirked and my face went red. I tried to move back but, Karma wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. His legs locked mine. "Come on~. Say it again~," he teased. The front of his body pressed against mine and I did my best to keep myself from falling into him any further.

        "Y-you're just mistaken! I said... Uh..." I let my head drop. "Yeah... I got nothing." Karma laughed. He still didn't move his arms away from my waist. "Hey, how long are you going to keep me like this?" I asked. Karma stared into my eyes and leaned a bit closer. I backed away but, there wasn't much room for me to move away.

        "Let me ask you one question." I looked at Karma. "What's your relationship with Asano?" he asked.

        I hesitated for a second and then replied, "A boring relationship." Karma was not satisfied with the answer. A sigh of defeat escaped my lips. "He was a friend. That's all."

        "Is that so~?" He asked. I pinched his cheek really hard.