Chapter 23- After Time (Part 1)

"Karma! I'm hungry~!" I whined. He shot me an annoyed smirk and continued to cook. Behind my fingers, I stifled a laugh. Since I was injured, I told Karma to make dinner. Of course he refused at first, so I requested him nicely... After showing much displeasure.

"I'm done," he announced in a bored tone. The plate of curry carried a rich aroma. Naturally, my mouth watered at the sight. I took spoon to take the first bite.

"Itadakimasu (Thanks for the food)." It was so delicious, my cooking was instantly put to shame. My cheeks blushed from shyness.

"Is something wrong?" Karma sat down next to me, leaning back on the couch. Ever since I asked him to cook, he's been acting uninterested.

"You cook better than me, but you've been making me cook this whole time," I mumbled. "Don't you think that's unfair?" I pouted at him, and in return Karma gave me a small smile.

"Do you like my cooking that much?" Karma asked in a taunting voice. I quickly turned my head back to the food, and kept eating to avoid giving an answer. From behind, I heard a breathy snicker. When I glanced at him, Karma was already eating his own dinner. After we finished our food, Karma went ahead with the dishes. I stared at the message mom sent me.

"Your teacher told me about your injury. I'll be home soon."

This message was from five hours ago. I tossed my phone to the other side of the couch. Now that I think about it, I didn't notice time has passed that much. Usually I would need to watch a show or something to kill time, but...

When I looked up, I saw Karma staring at me blankly.

"Hey," I greeted out of nervousness. "Are you done already?"

"Yeah," he said. Karma walked over to me and leaned in, causing me to move back. I turned my head to the side, avoiding his intent gaze.

"What?" I asked softly. His hands were pinned next to me, making sure I'm unable to slip away.

"Is something bothering you?" The concern in his words were purposely hidden by his usual playful tone.

"Right now you are," I lied. "You're too close," I said quietly. He moved in slowly, making me move back as much as I could. His breathing softly passed by, heating my face. My arms pressed against him instinctively out of defense. In order to appear unaffected, I tried to look at him, but my eyes fluttered downwards, avoiding his narrow gaze. Instead of feeling defeated, I was confused. I didn't know where to look, what to do, or what kind of response I should give. Although I was aware of my confusion at that moment, Karma's words swept me away to a place absent of such chaotic thinking.

"I want to get even closer."

That was the last thing he whispered before giving me a kiss. He caressed my cheek and those gold eyes of him gleamed apathetically. It made me self-conscious, but also scared to ask straightforwardly what was wrong. I curved my hands around his shoulders gently, urging him to act so that I would have another chance to actually respond. That subtle smile on Karma's face looked so distant and made me worry. It pressured me to speak.

"You can," I said quietly. "I want you to."

"Heh~." Karma pulled away and stood before me. "Are you sure about?"

My face twitched at his question.

"You're more bold than I thought," Karma teased. "I didn't know you had such thoughts about me." He twisted my words and successfully changed the subject. I returned that grin with an annoyed smile.