Chapter 16- Together Time

A/N- Sorry for the long wait. Some things came up, so I couldn't work on it as much. Anyway, enjoy! 

"What's wrong?" he asked. I got up and grabbed his shoes and shoved it to him along with his bag. 

"You need to hide," I told him. 

 "Why?" Karma frowned. There was no time to answer his question. The key started to unlock the door. I grabbed Karma's wrist and dragged him upstairs. When the door opened, I had no choice but to go into the nearest room; the bathroom. "What's going on-." I covered his lips with a finger and shushed him. 

 "Katsumi~," a voice muffled from the closed door. 

 "That's my mom," I whispered hastily. "I forgot, today was supposed to be a family reunion. Right now, my mom is stressed out from a lot of things, and I'm sure the last thing she wants to see I brought my boyfriend here." He removed my hand. 

"But she-." Karma stopped himself. Wait... This is kind of interesting. Katsumi doesn't know that I already met her mom. "Does your mom not like you having a boyfriend?" he asked. 

 "Well, it's just... I think with the divorce going on, she wouldn't like to see me date right now. Also this reunion is supposed to be the last one just for formalities between the two sides of the family. It's kind of stupid, but my dad's side of the family insisted. So my mom is more stressed right now, and trust me you wouldn't want to meet her when she is stressed."

 He smirked. No... Karma thought to himself. I trust you. So basically, you're going to hide me in your house while this reunion is going on. That's not so bad. 

"KATSUMI~!" my mom screamed. 

 "Just a minute!" I called out. My eyes frantically looked around the room. I took off my tie and covered Karma's eyes with it. "Don't take this off," I commanded in a harsh whisper as I tied it. 

"Funny, I thought I was still in command for the day," Karma taunted. 

 "Please," I entreated. He just gave me a smile as a response. I quickly unbuttoned my shirt and took it off along with my skirt. Then a bit hesitantly, I took off my bra. While keeping my eyes on Karma's hands the whole time, I wrapped myself around with a towel and then ran water through my hair. Karma lifted the blindfold out of curiosity. 

 "What are you doing?" he asked. After sprinkling some drops on my skin, I whipped my wet hair back and told Karma to stay inside. I walked out of the bathroom, and saw my mom coming up the stairs. 

"What?" I asked, quickly shutting the door behind me. 

 "Oh you were showering?" 

 "Yeah, I just forgot to bring my clothes with me and got distracted by a drama on my phone," I lied like a professional. It was a ridiculous lie, though.

"Well hurry up and get changed before you catch a cold," my mom said. 

 "Yeah," I agreed while nodding my head. "Okay." Some of the drops from my hair fell and started to roll down my shoulders. Since she's stressed, she didn't notice how dry the towel was. My mom gave me a kind and warm smile. Did she notice?

"Katsumi, my dear. I don't care if you are going to bail on this reunion, but please make sure to help your mother out." I only just realized the kitchen knife in her hand. "If you don't, I'll make sure you can never watch, hear, or even know about anything ever again," she threatened with a friendly smile.