Chapter 9- Confession Time

A/N - I'm really sorry if the last chapter was too long. I was trying fit a certain number of rounds for each chapter, but that's probably not a good idea. Anyway, thank you for reading and here's a shorter one. Enjoy!

Karma's POV

I stood there trying to think of how to explain the situation. "Uhhh, I-." The women leaned her weight to one side, studying me meticulously. I rubbed the back of my head. "I am Katsumi's-."

"Are you Karma Akabane-kun?" she asked.

"Yes," I answered. How does she know me? A friendly smile stretched across her face.

"Hi. Nice to meet you, I'm Katsumi's mom," she greeted warmly. Relieved, I was about to greet her back, when she said, "Even though you're showing me a completely outrageous situation right now, I can't believe that you're not on your knees begging for forgiveness and a chance to clear the misunderstanding. How shameless. Oh my, where's your conscience?" She said all of that with a cheerful smile. Now I can see who Katsumi takes after. "Here, can you come help me with these?" she asked while struggling with the bags in her hand. Right away, I went over and helped her. "Thank you~. It was about time." Katsumi's mom has a warm ambience that makes her words more brutal. We sat down in the dining room and Mrs. Tsukino placed a loaded knife holder next to her. The sight of it amused me. "That's a lot of knives you got, Mrs. Tsukino," I commented. Mrs. Tsukino gave me a friendly smile.

"These are just the sharpest ones I own," she boasted. "I was planning on placing them into the guys that did that to my daughter instead of this old knife holder here." A dry laugh ran out of her lips. I really wasn't sure if she was joking or not. "Now tell me, did Kuro do this?"

"Kuro?" I asked. Mrs. Tsukino told me about Kuro. A guy they took care of for a while, that ended up just looking for money later on.

"Honestly, a dog that bites its owner should have their teeth removed, don't you think?" Mrs. Tsukino asked.

"Yes," I replied. "If it's alright with you, can I be the one who removes the teeth?" She looked at me a bit surprised for a moment and then chuckled. "It's just as Katsumi said," Mrs. Tsukino started to say. Huh? "Katsumi talks about you and her classmates often. That's how I was able to recognize you right away. Tall, red hair, and usually wears an innocent expression to hide a sadistic personality."

"..."

She then displayed her face on top of her laced fingers. "Do you like Katsumi?" I didn't say anything, and she took my silence as an answer. "Katsumi probably rejected you, right?" Still, I stayed silent, but air suddenly became heavy.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"Lately, she hasn't said one thing about you," Mrs. Tsukino explained. "Heh~, I see."

"It's not because she doesn't like you," she said. My ears perked up at her words. "Of course, I don't know if she actually likes you or not, though." Mrs. Tsukino threw her head back and let out a gentle laugh. Somehow, I'm glad Katsumi is not as bad as her mom. She stopped laughing, and had a softer look in her eyes. "You know... I'm actually planning on getting a divorce," she confessed. That surprising to me. Katsumi never said anything. Then again, now that I think about it, there isn't a lot that I know about her. "Her father is the type that can't say 'no'. If someone with a painful life written on his face, asking for money, he gives it to them right away. In return, I kept nagging him about money, and Katsumi became vigilant about that. There was this one time when she kept staring at this stuffed bunny displayed at a toy shop. I asked her if she wanted that and she said, 'No. It's not like I need it.'"