Chapter 14- Die Time

On the way to Class E, I saw Karma with Nagisa and Sugino. Sugino noticed me and gave me a friendly good morning, followed by Nagisa. I gave them an empty good morning back. Karma gave me a blank stare, and I wasn't able to muster any words for him. We stood there with our eyes locked on each other for a moment, and then turned away simultaneously. To get out of the stifling atmosphere, I quickly walked away. Nagisa noticed this and asked Karma, "Doesn't Katsumi-san seem a bit different today?"

"You're probably just imagining things," Karma said lightly.

"Akabane." The trio turned to see Asano standing there, waiting for Karma to come to him. Karma walked leisurely, and Asano led him to a more private place. Nagisa and Sugino were hesitant to leave, but decided that it was none of their business. I noticed Asano and Karma. While crossing my arms, I started to follow them impudent footsteps.

Once they were alone, behind a building, Asano started to talk. "How was your date with Katsu?" It sounded more like provocation than a question. I listened to them, while leaning against a wall.

"Fun," Karma replied playfully. "Until a certain deal ruined it." The end of Asano's eyebrow twitched, but he remained calm. "Don't you think you're involving the MC a bit too much?" Karma waited for Asano's answer, but he just smiled.

"Katsu came over the day before." Karma's expression grew darker. "Do you want to know what she did?" Asano tempted.

"Not really~." The airiness of his voice grew heavier and darker.

Asano released a smirk. "Then can you answer me this? Just what did you do to Katsu that made her willingly go on her knees before me?" A murderous rage swelled inside of Karma. He turned around slowly with a questioning smile. "I'm just curious," Asano said whimsically. I gripped my arms as a frown engraved itself on my face.

"Katsumi wouldn't kneel before you." Karma reasoned, "She'd rather die." Asano chuckled in agreement.

"Yes, but what if it was for you?" Asano asked. Karma stayed silent, with his usual smile gone. "She was about to go on her knees, before I stopped her. Aren't you going to thank me?" Karma slammed him against the wall, with his arm ready to crush Asano's neck. I turned my head slightly at the noise, almost revealing myself.

"I'll show my thanks now," Karma threatened with his fist in the air. Asano gave Karma an amused smile.

"Go ahead," Asano urged. "I'm sure Katsu will come crawling on all fours this time." The deadly glint Karma's eyes flickered. He put more pressure against Asano's neck, but then backed off. "Amazing... Even the violent Akabane can be tamed." Karma ignored that last comment and regained his composure. My feet shifted uncomfortably. As much as I wanted to step in, for the first time, I was afraid. What if I'll just be a nuisance to Karma?

"What exactly do you want?" Karma asked. Asano took a deep breath as if he was frustrated that Karma hasn't figured it out yet.

"Leave Katsu alone," Asano commanded. My eyes widened at that comment. Karma gave him a funny look.

"You should learn how to ask a favor-." This time Asano grabbed Karma's collar and scowled at him.

"I'm not asking a favor here," he corrected. "I'm telling you to leave her alone." I stepped out into the open, but stayed still so neither of them noticed me yet.

"What if I don't want to?" Karma sneered. Asano had a murderous look in his eyes clashing against Karma's psychotic smile. Right when Asano was about to say something, I interrupted them.

"Asano." They both looked at me, unsure of how to react. "I think you've done enough," I said, suggesting he should leave. He let go off Karma and Karma raised an eyebrow at the both of us. Asano stared at me for a long time with a troubled look. Knowing what he was thinking, I repeated myself. "Asano."