Chapter 1 - Another, Another Universe

🕷

🕷

Gwen Stacy would tell you to always double check when you leap to make sure you land in the right place. Why would she tell you that? That's a story for another time.

Another one of those portal Gwen hates so much opened under her and dropped her out of it. She shot a web out and it latched on the underside of a bridge. The web stuck to the concrete and stopped her from plummeting into the ground at a frightening speed.

When Gwen opened her eyes from under her, she saw a very bulky man holding what looked like the American flag, but a frisbee version. There was a blonde woman holding a gun which was pointed at her. There was a dark-skinned man with what looked like a backpack on his back and another bulky man with a metal arm.

"Hello there," Gwen greeted from her upside-down state. She dropped down onto the ground, landing on the pointe of her shoe and a lunge, something her Peter taught her. He called it the 'superhero pose' and supposedly, every hero had one. Not very good on the ankles and knees but looks awesome.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," the backpack sighed.

"Who are you?" the bulky man with the frisbee demanded. He was a very good-looking guy with cropped blonde hair, striking blue eyes, and a very muscular body.

"Uh, hi. I'm Gwen," she waved her hand. Her suit that her Peter made was white and black with pink spider webs on the underside of her arms. She also had a hood that was white with the pink spider web design also inside. The mask that she had was also white, with the eyes of the mask able to expand along with her eyes under the mask. Her feet had turquoise colored ballet shoes on them. "Where am I?"

"Germany. Now, take off the mask," the blonde woman with the gun demanded.

Gwen took off her mask, revealing the green eyes she hid under the white fabric. Her hair went down to her chin. Apparently, the portal restored her hair. She had an eyebrow piercing on her right brow.

The four faces looked quite surprised at the kid that stood in front of them. "You're a kid," the backpack wearing guy said.

"Who you calling kid?" Gwen asked. She then looked down at her body to see it was a little saggy in her suit. Her eyes widened when she saw her smaller body. "I'm small. Why am I small? W-What year is that?" she demanded the four.

"2016."

"WHAT?!"

"Is that bad?" the metal armed dude whispered to nobody in particular.

"Oh, no. This is not good. This is very not good. Great job, Miles. You sent me to wrong place," the blonde kid mumbled to herself as she paced around, her pointe shoes getting a little dirty.

"Hey!" one of them got the attention of Gwen. She snapped her head up from her internal questioning to see the backpack wearing man looking at her. "We're still here, and you're gonna tell us who you are and why you're here."