Chapter 3 - Translucent Bodies

🕷

🕷

When Gwen Stacy fell unconscious, her body was shut down, but her mind was still very active. Actually, she kinda jumped out of her body. When she looked down at her hands, they were sort of translucent, like, she could see Sam through them. It freaked her out, a lot.

She floated around the helicopter aimlessly. Like what else is she going to do? She can't play thumb wars with anybody so she was left to just sit. Very boring.

Gwen finally had something to do when the helicopter landed on some metal contraption in the middle of the ocean. The metal thing was round and to Gwen, it looked like an iRobot vacuum just sitting in water for no apparent reason. She vaguely heard Clint saying that it was called The Raft. A little on the nose, but it's whatever.

Her body got transported out of the helicopter and onto a stretcher where she was brought to a cell in the middle of a circle. The other cells around her was the same as hers, but was filled with the rest of Cap's team. Clint was directly in front of her, Scott next to Clint, then Sam, then Wanda, then finally Gwen.

It was a basic white cell with cameras in all the corners, a ledge which, she presumed, was supposed to be the bed. A toilet against the wall, no privacy whatsoever 'cause apparently, Secretary Ross cared more about escaping than basic privacy.

Everybody else was given blue clothes to change into, and when they did, they had their suits taken away. There was a woman who was assigned to get Gwen changed out of her suit and for her to put on the blue clothes, however, that woman didn't want to as she wanted to respect the unconscious girl's privacy.

So, Gwen's body was placed on the ledge they called a bed as she watched. It's kinda weird if you think about it. You're watching things happen around you, yet you're also watching things happen to you from an outside perspective. Literally.

"Ah, good, you're already out," an airy voice said from behind Gwen. She turned around and shot webs at the person who the airy voice belonged to. However, when she tried to shoot, nothing came out. "That won't work here," the voice said again. The person was a woman who was also transparent like Gwen. Her brightly colored robes stood out against her pale skin and bald head. "Hello, my child. I have been waiting to meet you."

Well, that's totally not creepy or stalkerish.

"No need to be frightened. I'm only here to talk," the woman assured.

"Who are you?" Gwen asked cautiously. She just met this woman and she doesn't trust her. Well but she trusted Steve and Sam when she met therm. Well, that's because they were fully formed. . . and she could shoot webs at them so she felt a little safer.

Here though, she has nothing to protect herself. Sure, she had her spidey senses and kickass moves, but she was floating in air. Do you know how hard it is to fight while floating? Not that easy.

"I am the Ancient One," the woman, Ancient One, answered.

"Uh-huh, and I'm the Young One," Gwen sarcastically retorted.

The Ancient One laughed a breathy laugh. "I like your sense of humour," she commented with a smile.

"So, why are you here?"

"As I have stated before, I am here to merely talk with you. Hopefully explain some questions you have."

"Okay. First one: why am I not home?"

"You are not home because you are needed here. Your past, present, and future have all be written and without you, catastrophic things will occur."

"Huh, so no pressure, right?" Gwen mumbled under her breath. A thought occurred to her. "Why should I believe anything you say?" she demanded.

In the background, Gwen could hear Tony Stark and Sam talking with one another, however their voices were muffled in a way. Their voices were distorted. Like her head was underwater.

"I, too, would be skeptical if a random stranger told me the world's fate rested on their shoulders," the Ancient One explained, "I wouldn't believe myself if I was in your shoes. However, as much as this seems improbable, it is vital that you take heed to my words."

"Okay, then. . ." Gwen said slowly. "Second thing: did Miles put in the wrong universe?"

"No, he did not. He did indeed put yours in, but this one was needed, so this one was the one you came to."

Nodding, Gwen then asked, "Third thing: what am I now? I can see through my hand."

"You are in what we call the Astral Dimension. It's the place where the soul exists outside the physical body. It is a very hard thing to master, however, I needed you to be here so that I could talk with you without disruptions."

"So you got me here?"

"Yes, I did."

"Okay. Fourth thing: were you the headache I had earlier?"

"Yes, I was. I needed your body to fall unconscious so I could project you out."

"Okay. Last thing: is Peter Parker fine?" she asked in a quiet voice as if she was afriad of the answer.

The Ancient One softly smiled. "Yes, he is. Back in Queens New York I believe," she said.

Gwen released a breath she didn't even know she was holding in. "Okay, thank you," she sighed. "Oh, actually, when would I get back into my own body? I mean, as much I like floating around, when do I get to go back into me?"

"Now, actually. You won't wake up for a few hours as your body and mind are getting used to this universe."

"So no glitches this time?" Gwen asked excitedly as a grin crept onto her face.

"No glitches this time."

"Great," Gwen grinned, relieved, "'cause last time sucked."

The Ancient One lightly laughed. "I remember."

"Wha- How?"

"Your past, present, and future are already written. I have seen your past and your future is still unraveling."

"Ah," Gwen mused as a look of understanding came over her face. "Right."

Something seemed to have taken the Ancient One's attention. She turned to look at the girl before her. "Well, I must be off. Something needs my attention. It was a pleasure to have met you, Gwendolyne Stacy."

She cringed at her full name. "Just Gwen. No need for the full name. Makes me sound like I'm in trouble," she mumbled.

"Of course." The Ancient One floated forward and grabbed Gwen's wrist with one hand while the other was placed over her heart. She pushed her hand into Gwen and that shot Gwen's astral form back into her body. Once she was certain the girl was back into her body, she floated on her way back to Kamar-Taj.

🕷🕷🕷

A/N- Merry Christmas everyone who celebrates it!

Happy Holidays to all!