Chapter 8 - Breaking Hotel Rules

🕷

🕷

Gwen returned Flash's car where he then asked her out.

She said no; she never liked any Flashes, and she definitely does not like this one.

Woodshop was something that Gwen never particularly enjoyed; sawdust filling your lungs, the sparks that came off from metal, the noise that came with everything. She hated that class, but yet somehow, she got put in it. (She suspected that a certain billionaire had a role to play.)

Oddly enough, Gwen was paired with Peter as partners. (Again, Gwen thought the same billionaire as before did that.)

The only reason Gwen found that particular class tolerable was when Peter hacked away at the purple thing they picked up a few nights ago. The hammer knocked loose the purple-glowy thing from its metal casing, but it wasn't totally free yet. "Huh," Peter muttered to himself, prying open the metal. Gwen kept watch on the other students and teacher. Thankfully, the teacher, Mr. Hapgood, was reading a book and wasn't even the slightest attention to the noise from Peter and Gwen's table.

Ned joined the two, giving the blonde a smile and the brunette a small glare. "Hey, thanks for bailing on us," said Ned.

"Yeah, well, something came up," Peter replied, shrugging before showing him the purple thing.

His eyes look at the purple hungrily. "Oh, what is that?"

"I don't know." Peter frowned at the purple. "Some guy tried to vaporize me with it."

"Seriously?" Ned said at the same time Gwen exclaimed, "What?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome," Ned breathed out in awe. Both Peter and Gwen stared at him for his absurd reaction. "I-I mean, not awesome. Totally uncool of that guy. So scary."

Peter stared at his friend for a little while longer before turning his attention back to the purple in casing. "Well, look, I think it's a power source," said Peter.

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors," said Gwen, pointing to the red wires.

"Exactly." Ned nodded in agreement. "And that's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush," explained Ned, pointing to the metal that connected to the red wires Gwen was talking about.

"Whoever's making these weapons," said Peter, "is obviously combining alien tech with ours."

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to say thank you – to the both of you – for letting me a part of your journeys into this amazing-"

Peter, not listening to anything Ned was saying, brought up the hammer and hit the purple thing really hard, popping it out from its metal casing with a loud clang. Their heads immediately looked at their teacher for anything indicating that he heard that clang.