Chapter 9 - Ned Carried A Bomb

🕷

🕷

That feeling Gwen had – about Peter being fine – was sort of correct. In one sense, he wasn't particularly injured, just a mild concussion. In the other, more prominent sense, he was stuck inside the most secure facility on the Eastern Seaboard: the Damage Control Deep Storage Vault.

Concrete made up the whole thing – floor, walls, ceiling, doors. Large lights hung overheard, shining the place with ample lighting. Stacks upon stacks of containers laid together and, well, stacked. All of which had some sort of labeling on it, identifying the container and its contents in which it was carrying.

The plan of the vulture dude hijacking some trucks was foiled by Peter, but while doing so, he got stuck in one of the trucks through some kind of matter phase shifter thingy.

Peter's first thought was to pry open the large, concrete doors with his bare hands. That didn't work. At all.

"The door will most likely remain closed until morning," the suit's AI said. The voice was female and had a very robotic aspect of it, which made sense, given as it was an AI.

"Morning?" Peter repeated, disappointed as he kicked the cement lightly. A few minutes later, he constructed a hammock made of webs between two containers. "Hey, suit lady, I kind of feel bad calling you 'suit lady', you know? I think I should probably give you a name. . . like Liz." Immediately, he shook his head. "No, no, no, God, that's-that's weird. What about Gwen? No, that's even worse."

A few more minutes later, he was swinging around on a web, still trying to think of a suitable (pun not intended) name for the suit. He let go and plopped on the cement ground.

"What about Karen?" he tried out.

"You can call me Karen if you would like," the suit's AI, now named Karen, replied.

A few more, more minutes later, he was hanging upside down on another web that was between his feet. He was reading a Spanish textbook he had in his backpack. "Hey, Karen, what else can this suit do?" The suit's underarms sprouted little wings on both sides, making the Spider-Man turn into a Flying-Squirrel-Man. "What?" he gasped in surprise.

A few more, more, more minutes later, he put on his sweatshirt and yellow decathlon blazer.

The Spider-Man logo was projected on the cement wall. The vivid red standing out from the gray. "Maybe we should run that refresher course," Peter said. A setting called 'Ricochet web' was set. He shot it, and like the name said, it ricocheted off the wall and went flying back. It would've hit him if he didn't duck. "Whoa! Cool."

A few more, more, more, more minutes later, the wall was covered in all sorts of spiderwebs. Webs like 'Splitter web', 'Web grenade', 'Taser web', and 'Ricochet web' were all tested on the poor wall. Peter did a few little jump rope tricks with a rope he made out of webs.