Chapter 2 - Civil War

🕷

🕷

The fighting had begun.

Team Iron versus Team Cap.

Wanda was helping everyone by using her magic.

Clint and Natasha fought.

Bucky and Black Panther did.

Gwen didn't know what to do. I mean, she just met these people four hours ago and she's already in a fight. Heroes are just attracted to trouble, or maybe it's the other way around with trouble is attracted to heroes. Either way, trouble and heroes go hand in hand.

As they were running, Steve told Gwen to not fight, arguing that she hasn't done anything wrong yet, but if she throws a punch or web, she will be in trouble. See? Trouble and heroes are always together.

So, Gwen has just been standing off to the side awkwardly which is completely uncharacteristic of her. Peter taught her better, but she doesn't know which side is right.

She doesn't have all the information on what happened, but from what she could gather and from what Sam told her, Steve and Bucky were old war buddies and when the latter fell to his 'death' he was brainwashed into becoming an assassin. There was some kind of bombing that happened at the United Nations where Black Panther, who is actually a prince by the name of T'Challa, had his father killed and all of that was pinned on Bucky.

Spider-Man was swinging around, webbing people up when his web got cut by the metal frisbee. He fell down and landed on one of those luggage conveyer belts. "That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all," Spider-Man commented.

"Actually," pipped in Gwen from her spot on the conveyer belt, "I was thinking about that too."

"Look, kid, there's a lot going on here that you don't understand," Captain America said, his shield on his arm.

"Mr. Stark said you'd say that. Wow." Spider-Man shot a web at Cap's face which he blocked with shield. Then another web came at attached itself at his foot and dragged him down. Spider-Man used that to launch himself at Cap and kicked him in the face, knocking him to a nearby truck. "He also said to go for your legs," said Spider-Man from his crouch where he landed.

Steve looked at his shield and made a move to go get it, but the spiderling shot two webs, grabbing onto Cap's hands in an attempt to hold him back.

Gwen made a move to get the shield, but Steve shook his head no, ordering her to stop.

Gwen Stacy has never felt so useless in her life.

Both Cap and Spider-Man were straining to maintain the upper hand when Cap flipped over and kicked Spider-Man away. He then retrieved his shield just as another web was shot at him.

The red and blue figure flipped and landed on a passenger boarding bridge. Steve looked up at the kid and asked, "Stark tell you anything else?"

"That you're wrong. You think you're right. That makes you dangerous." Spider-Man backflipped off and swung towards Cap. Steve kicked him back into one of the legs of the bridge, making the metal creak over him.