Chapter 15 - Billionaires in Bathrooms

🕷

🕷

"Congratulations, Decathlon Nations Champions!" Mr. Harrington exclaimed, setting the giant trophy on the table next to him.

The entire table in the library erupted into cheers – the loudest being Flash who literally sacrificed his life for the trophy.

"I'm gonna have to put this back in the trophy case soon, but just for motivation right now at this practice. I'm a little ahead of the game, but we will need a new team captain next year. So I'm appointing Michelle," announced Mr. Harrington, grinning.

The team cheered again.

"Uh, thank you. My friends call me MJ," she said, sending a look at Gwen next to her.

"I thought you didn't have any friends," Ned said.

"I didn't."

Gwen smiled to herself.

Peter's phone vibrated on the table. He picked it up, a message from an unknown number: Go to the bathroom. It vibrated again. Take Gwen, it read.

Peter looked up at Gwen, sending a silent message to Gwen. Without even asking, she nodded her head.

"We . . . gotta go," announced Peter, grabbing his things.

"Hey," MJ called out, "where you going?"

Peter and Gwen freeze in their movements as the former thought of an excuse.

MJ stared at them both, her eyes filling with suspicion.  "What are you hiding, Peter?" MJ then looked at her friend. "Gwen?"

Peter opened his mouth to think of an excuse, but no sound came out.

Suddenly, a grin breaks out on her face. "I'm just kidding. I don't care. Bye." She then turned to the rest of the Decathlon team. "All right, so we should run some drills." She looked at Gwen, silently sending the look of You will tell me later. Gwen nodded in reassurance.

Both turned and swiftly left the room, Peter leading them both to their destination.

"Peter, I can't go in there," Gwen whisper-yelled at him.

"No, you have to. Happy said so," argued Peter.

"It's the boys' bathroom! I can't go in there!"

"No, you're fine," Happy's voice said from inside the bathroom.

They both round the corner of the bathroom. Gwen gagged at the smell. How can guys live in this? To be honest, she really didn't want that to be answered. But she had to cover her nose and mouth with sleeve in order to feel like she could breathe.

"Hey, Happy," Peter greeted. Gwen nodded her head in greeting as she refused to take her hand away from her nose. "What, uh . . . What are you doing here?"