Chapter 3 - Secretary.

Secretary.

You always imagined a secretary to be blonde, thin, tall. Dressed in high-end fashion, hair pulled back all sleek. Red lipstick, clicking heels echoing. Seductive whispers, fetching coffee. It was clear that this secretary position did not entail that, but it was nice to dream.

You showed up to your first day of work more nervous then ever. You hadn't had a job of your own since New Hope, and even a little time before that. It was all unfamiliar to you, and you felt like an anxious teenager at their first job again.

The firm was empty, per usual. You had hung your raincoat on the coat stand by the glass doors, along with your small work bag. You tracked down the hallway, leading up to Kylo Rens office. You knocked on the white door for the second time ever.

This time, he didn't answer the door grumbling a storm. He quietly swung the door open, urging you inside with a wave of his hand. Today, he was dressed in dark slacks and white button-up, the cotton fabric practically sheer. You tried your best to avert your eyes.

   "Good morning, welcome to your first day of work." Kylo spoke somewhat-warmly, a firm beam on his lips. You watched his eyes flicker over your outfit, brows knitting.

   Your mother had insisted you wear "proper" clothing for the office; a pencil skirt, ratty blouse, ancient stockings you had found in the back of her closet and a pair of borrowed loafers. The outfit was exactly designer, but it was better then your usual jeans and faded t-shirt.

   "Glad to see you've come to work in proper attire this time." Kylo added, turning his back to you as he grabbed something from his desk. You watched his muscles flex for mere moments before your eyes fell to the ground once more.

   "Thank you." You mumbled shyly in response. You watched as he turned to face you once more, handing you an empty black mug.

   Your brows knitted. "What is this for?" You asked.

   "First task of the day," he paused, "Get me a coffee. And then, I'll show you to your new desk." He explained. You took the black mug hesitantly.

   He quickly rounded his desk, taking a seat in the leather chair with a small huff. He proceeded to file through papers, marking various things with that red marking pen he seemed to like very much. After a moment of you standing there, dumbfounded, he finally acknowledged your presence once more.

   "Can I help you with something else?" He asked, questioning your lingering presence. His eyes bore holes into you, making your skin feel like fire.

   You glanced over your shoulder, stuttering. "Uh, no, I just– I don't know where the coffee machine is." You explained, voice murmured in embarrassment.

   He cocked his head to the side, twirling that red pen between his two thick fingers. "Aren't you a fast learner? I trust that you can find it. The building isn't very big." He lightly chides.

   You huffed. "Right, sorry. I'll get on that." You quickly apologized.

   Swiftly making way out of his office, you swore you heard him say "Don't apologize" when you were just a few steps away. Nonetheless, you continued on, eventually tracking down the coffee machine that sat in a designated cubical shelf, along with sugars and creamers.

   When you had begun making his coffee, you realized you didn't know how he liked it. Black? Two sugars, one creamer? One sugar, two creamers? Two sugars and two creamers? You decided on just black coffee. You thought it fit his personality well.