Chapter 16 - Persuasion. 

Appearance.

   You haven't ever been too troubled by your appearance, especially during your time at New Hope. Maybe it was because you never had interest in all the waxing, shaving, and makeup that others around you focused so closely on, or maybe, you just had better things to busy yourself with.

   You hadn't ever seen yourself as particularly attractive either, though, which probably was connected to your lack of self-care and pampering. Or at least, until you started working for Kylo.

   Being in his presence, it changed something in you. Feeling his gaze on you, knowing he could see every inch of you (and was in fact looking), it made you want to dress better, take extra care of your hair, spend more time in the mirror. Although you didn't do it to impress him, but rather, make yourself feel presentable and desirable to him.

   So, when he had requested that you wore something red and sexy, you panicked. After some rushed shopping after you got off your shift, you ended up with a silk-like maxi dress, the deep crimson fabric falling just below your ankles. You paired it with a pair of black heels you borrowed from your mothers closet.

   As you slipped into the dress, it fit you perfectly, and you silently thanked the gods. Making way across the hallway, you entered the bathroom, ransacking the cabinet below the sink for any makeup that had been left. You found a small bag of old makeup, shrugging. It would make do.

After applying a thin layer of foundation with your fingers, you brushed some blush on your cheeks and coated your lashes in mascara. You were no makeup artist, but it was the best you could do.

Putting the makeup bag you had found back in the cabinet, you glanced at yourself in the mirror. The stoic reflection that looked back at you was not familiar to you. You remember the old reflection you used to see; disheveled, sleep-deprived, hungover, your starved skeletal frame that used to poke out in the height of your addiction.

But now, that reflection was no longer there. Your skin had filled out, a warm colour behind your cheeks. The bags under your eyes had lightened, and there no longer was a ghost of addiction standing over your shoulder. Now, you were regular, or at least you thought so.

After a long moment, you forced yourself to look away. You took in a ragged breath, trying to steady yourself. You had worked so hard to get to this point in your recovery, you deserved this; deserved to look healthier, deserved dressing in nice clothing, going on nice dates with a rich man.

Making way back into your bedroom, you checked your phone, and as if on cue, a text from Kylo came up on your screen.

I'm waiting outside. Come and find me.

   With a nervous huff, you grab your small black purse form your nightstand, tucking your phone into it. Quickly stepping into your heels, you strap them onto your ankles, glancing one last time in the full length mirror in your bedroom.

   As you make way out of your room and down the hall, you were thankful that your mother and father had gone out to dinner as well. The last thing you needed was trying to explain why your boss was waiting outside for you, and why you were dressed in dining attire.

   It wasn't long until you were closing the front door of the large house behind you, stilling on the porch stairs. Your eyes quickly found a sleek black Bugatti sitting by the curb of the large lawn, no doubt Kylo. Thankfully, sport car was far from uncommon in a neighbourhood in which your parents lived in.

   Moments later, a familiar man appears by the side of his car, dressed in a crisp black suit, his dress shirt a charcoal grey. You note the popped open buttons at the top of his button-up, and the lack of his tie. He gleamed a sly smirk at you.