Chapter 6 - Submissive.

Mondays.

Today was Monday, and your two days of rest had quickly passed, meaning you had to return back to work — the one place you dreaded the most.

   After dropping your coat and bag at your desk, you were quick to start making Kylo's usual morning coffee. You'd also admit that while making his coffee, you thought about spiking it with poison — maybe then you wouldn't have to work for him anymore.

The door to his office was already open when you came to deliver his coffee. Curiously pushing past it, you came to find him sitting on the edge of his desk, arms crossed over his chest. He was facing the door, face stoic as ever, almost as if he had been waiting for you.

His eyes flickered to the watch on his wrist, and he hummed at the back of his throat. "You're two minutes late." He stated, matter-of-fact.

Your eyes casted to the ground as you approached him, handing over the coffee. He took his silently, eyes still on you. You could feel his gaze lingering, your skin like fire under it.

"I'm not fond of latecomers, but I appreciate the new additions to your wardrobe. Much more fitting, don't you think?" He adds, bringing his mug to his lips to drink.

The new additions he spoke of was the office clothing you had bought with a good chunk of your first pay check. You had gotten a variety of new blouses, pencil skirts, and pant suits. After the comment Kylo had made at the baby shower, you thought it would be fitting to get a few new pieces to wear at the office.

"Uh, yeah, I suppose." You answered shyly. You nervously ran your hands over the tight black pencil skirt you wore.

   He let his eyes linger for a few more moments, only then rising to a full stand as he steps towards his desk chair, sinking back into the seated leather with a content sigh. You stood there, watching, patiently waiting for him to give you today's tasks.

   He takes his sweet time thumbing through papers on his desk, opening and closing folders, moving his sacred red pens around. While doing this, his eyes flickered towards you every so often. He knew he was being purposely slow. You assumed it to be some form of teasing.

   "Look at you," he spoke after a moment, a huff leaving his nose as a small smirk flashed momentarily on his carved lips, "Waiting like a lap dog to be given orders. Where would you be without me?" He finishes.

   Your cheeks flushed red at that. He hadn't even said anything particularly embarrassing, you just found yourself more antsy around him, shy even. Every precise word he spoke to you made your whole body tense in anticipation for whatever would be said next.

   "I don't know, Sir." You answered, voice small as ever. You tried your best to remain professional.

   His smirk faltered for a moment, eyes flickering to the papers on his desk. You watched his once comical expression harden once more, returning to that forever apathetic and stoic look he always fashioned.

   "Well, be thankful you have someone telling you what to do," he pauses momentarily, "I hope you enjoyed your weekend off, you looked like you were enjoying yourself in that kitchen." He continues.

   You swallow hard. "I tried my best to have fun. I hope you did the same." You answered, more confident now.

   He cocked his head to the side, busying his hands with more papers. "I assure you I did — it was a... pleasant surprise, seeing you there. A change of scenery for the two of us, wasn't it?" Kylo spoke.

   You were hesitant to answer. Although his demeanour was arrogant as usual, you felt a sense of relief at the small talk he was making — but perhaps that was the angle he was playing at the whole time, trying to get you to lower your walls once more so he could attack. It seemed to be what happened every time you thought he was finally softening on you.