05, video store clerk

CHAPTER FIVE, the tell

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh hello, Jackson. What finds you here?" Iylah quipped, her lips tugged up into a small smirk as she approached the entrance door to the video store, seeing Jackson in the process.

"I'm going to find a movie?" Jackson responded, his voice trailing off as he furrowed his brows, looking at the brunette in question. "What do you think?"

Iylah sighed loudly. "I mean, what movie are you looking for dumbass," She remarked, rolling her eyes while being the first one to pull the door open and stepping inside the store with Jackson following.

Iylah could practically feel him rolling his eyes in annoyance through his response. "Lydia's with me. What do you think?"

"Ah. The Notebook." Iylah nodded her head in a understanding, practically knowing that the couple had an arguement moments prior about Jackson trying to convince Lydia to watch a different movie. She knew them too well.

"Do you happen to know where it is?" Jackson asked, in hope that he didn't have to ask one of the employees.

Iylah shook her head in confirmation, trying to hold in her laugh much to her enjoyment of the Whittemore's embarrassment. "Nope. Have fun with that."

The brunette walked away to find her own choice of movie, stepping through one of the aisles when she heard Jackson sigh to himself. "Can somebody help me find the Notebook?" Getting no response from any employees, the only sound echoing through the store is from the telephone ringing, confusing both Jackson and Iylah who walked out of the aisle she was in, with her brows furrowed in question as to why nobody was answering the phone.

"Hello?" Jackson called out, looking around the store as Iylah walked up from behind him. "Is anybody working here?" The sound of the telephone ringing continued to echo around the store, Iylah watching as Jackson turned around, sighing in disbelief thinking the store was empty apart from the two teens that stepped foot in there. "You've gotta be kidding me."

"Whittemore." Jackson turned around at Iylah calling out his name, his brows furrowed for a moment when he noticed the slight crack in her voice, and her facial expression practically screamed fear. "Get out. Get Lydia and leave now."

"Why?" Jackson questioned, although not letting her respond as he followed her gaze before she could answer him, spotting what looked like someone's shoes, near the end of one of the aisles.

"What the hell are you doing?" Iylah hissed at him, seeing as Jackson began to move forward and towards the mysterious pair of shoes. Almost instantly catching the scent of blood, thanks to her were-coyote abilities, making her scared for the both of them. Especially the strawberry blonde who was still in her car, having no idea what was going on, too busy taking selfies.