03, photo booths and ice skating

CHAPTER THREE, ice pick

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"It had a tail. We don't have a tail." Scott said as he and Iylah discussed what they saw the night before while working their way up the rock climbing wall in gym class.

Iylah smiled teasingly. "Oh, I know I don't, but maybe you just haven't grown it yet."

Scott looked at her offended. "I'm not growing a tail. Ever." He scoffed before raising a brow in question as Iylah looked down at him. "Are you slowing down for me?"

"I was waiting for you."

"What? Waiting for me to catch up?" The McCall boy questioned.

This earned a smirk from the girl before pointing out. "You looked like you were struggling."

"Maybe I was admiring—" Scott's smile dropped for a moment, stopping himself from finishing the sentence as he cleared his throat. "the rocks."

"The rocks?" The Stilinski girl raised her brows in question, which earned a nod from Scott, continuing to play along with his lie. "Yeah, they are so bright and colourful. Wow."

Iylah chuckled. "Well, whatever you were looking at. Try admiring from afar." She advised before looking up ahead and continued climbing up the rock wall.

The sixteen-year old girl hadn't reached the top of the wall yet when she spotted Scott had now taken over her. He sent her a smirk, shrugging his shoulders innocently that only annoyed her more.

Iylah glanced at his foot, grinning at the idea that rang through her head before she kicked Scott's foot off the rock, leading for the boy to fall backwards with the harness stopping just before his back hit the mat.

The Stilinski girl looked down, pressing her lips together as a nervous smile broke on her face when everyone laughed at Scott, including Coach who moved over to sit beside the teenager, mocking. "McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy, right?"

"All right, next two! Stilinski, Erica, let's go! The wall." Coach called out to the two students once Iylah had finally finished, unbuckling her harness to pass onto Stiles.

"Sorry about that." Iylah chuckled, approaching Scott who was just getting teased by Jason who noticed his brother's doings while the two were on the rock wall.

"Just you wait, I'm going to get you back." Scott challenged the brunette who simply laughed.

As Stiles and Erica started climbing the rock wall, Iylah furrowed her brows in concern at the Reyes girl beginning to struggle not even half-way up the wall.