11, kate's questioning

CHAPTER ELEVEN, formality

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Okay. What's wrong with you?" Iylah asked the Argent girl upon sniffing the air. Her, Allison and Lydia were approaching the stairs in Macy's, on the mission to find dresses for the Winter Formal.

Allison sighed. "Nothing's wrong, I just have a lot on my mind."

"You could smile at least." Lydia glanced towards Allison's way, suggesting. "Ever heard of the saying 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile?' Smile Allison. Especially you, Moon. I'm buying you a dress."

"Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Iylah hummed, a small smile at her lips as she glanced towards her friend. But as they grew closer towards the top, Iylah used this as her chance to mention. "But not as much as I'm going to ask."

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia furrowed her brows at the Stilinski girl who sent a smug smile towards Allison's way, who then elaborated on her point. "It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to and you're going to go with somebody else."

"Who?"

"Him." The Stilinski girl answered, the three girls now staring ahead at the said person to see Stiles stood by the perfume counter, when he accidentally sprayed himself in the face, making him sneeze.

"Oh... Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile." Allison recited what Lydia had said earlier, a smug smile at her lips as Iylah rolled her eyes at her brother's antics.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"No, I don't think this is it." Iylah spoke to herself as she stood in front of her mirror in her bedroom, trying on her Winter Formal dress once again. "Aha! Just what I need!" The Stilinski girl gasped, approaching her dresser to grab a flower crown before placing it on the top of her head.

Iylah took a deep breath as she looked over her outfit in the mirror, her eyes slowly trailing down the visible burnt marks that weren't covered from her dress.

At the sound of a phone ringing, Iylah narrowed her eyes slightly, her brows twitching in confusion at her phone nowhere to be seen in her bedroom.

Slowly, she walked out the room, attempting to walk in the direction of where the phone ringing was coming from, and the closer she approached the stairs, the louder it was.

"Okay. This is freaky." Iylah whispered to herself, carefully not to ruin her dress as she trodded down the stairs. "Dad? Stiles?" She called out, her brows furrowed more at the sight of a ringing phone laid on the kitchen floor.