01, the search party

CHAPTER ONE, omega

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After what happened at the Hale House, Iylah did not expect to be back at the hospital so soon after hearing the news that Lydia was bitten at the Winter Formal.

"Yes, just like that... No, you first..." Iylah pulled her eyes away from her book, rolling her eyes for what could be the thousandth time as Stiles continued to talk out his dreams.

Melissa walked into the lobby exasperated as she watched Iylah mumble curse words — wanting to push Stiles to the ground just to get him to snap out of his dirty dreams. "Oh, me first?" Stiles giggled in his sleep before his hand fell off the chair that he was passed out on.

"They've been here all night?" Lydia's father, who stood beside Melissa, asked. The sound of his voice simply making Iylah want to slap herself in the face.

Melissa sighed. "They've been here all weekend."

"You're dirty..." Stiles muttered in his sleep just as a lady approached from behind him to check the bin. At that, Iylah brought her book up to Stiles' chest and whacked him, snapping him out of his dreams on impact.

"And you're disgusting." She said once the boy opened his eyes with a groan. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt your dirty little dream? Get us some food, would you?"

Stiles simply huffed out a breath. "How rude."

"Pretty please." Iylah mocked, tilting her head to the side as the boy began to stand up to his feet before he turned to her in question. "What would you like, princess?"

"Reese's please." Iylah looked up at him with an innocent smile that made him laugh. "No wonder you're my sister."

"I love you." The brown-haired girl added as she watched Stiles start to walk away, waving her off with a mutter. "Yeah, yeah whatever. I love you too."

Just down the hall from Lydia's room, was Stiles as he stood in front of the vending machine with his hands banging against the glass. Through his frustration, Stiles attempted to shake the machine in attempt to get the Reese's chocolate come loose and fall down to the bottom.

Iylah watched from the seats, amused as the boy struggled to do so, shaking the vending machine from the top before it slowly began to topple over. To Stiles' surprise, his hands pulled away from the machine, stepping to the side just as the vending machine smashed against the ground.

"Jeez Hulk, what's got you so angry?" His sister approached from behind him with a snicker, making him huff. "Will you just help me? What am I gonna do?"