Day (30)

**********
Okay, I know that I haven't updated in quite a while, and I'm afraid that probably isn't going to change. My passion for writing this has toned down immensely, and frankly I just have too much on my plate. I will still update when I have the chance, but updates will be really slow. Like probably couple months slow. (I know, I'm soooo sorry:( ) But pestering me to update definately helps to remind me of my duty.

Also,I have been contemplating. As some people have commented, there should be more action in the story. (And no, not that kind of action for you dirtier readers) But, at the same time I can't exactly have action without brining in new characters that weren't introduced within the books. (Which is a lot of times my pet peeve of fanfictions). So if that bothers you, this is a fair warning. I'm sorry if you expected a nice and calm ending, it was your choice to read on (after part 18). So, yeah thank you so much for continuing to support me. And if you do choose to keep reading, well then...enjoy! :)

**********

Day

I heard the sirens before I saw them.

That was mostly due to the fact that the mist was so goddy thick in front of me, yet when I finally saw which buliding was surrounded by dozens of military cars, I still ran.

The building was completely closed off, at least eight guards guarding the entrance, where privy guests were being evacuated. I couldn't see her anywhere, but I forced myself to stay calm. She's a commander, she's probably doing her job and surveying the premisis or something.

Taking a second look at the people flowing out of the building, they didn't seem panicked, which would be the natural reaction if there was something such as a fire, so I guess that was good. Instead, their looks ranged from confusion to irritation, knowing as much as I did about the situation. Still, I walked up to a man that just exited, he looked the part of a typical business man; suit, brief case and even a matching tie. He checked his watch every twenty seconds or so, muttering about how if his client backed out of the deal, he was going to sue someone.

"Excuse me sir, would you happen to know what's going on in there?" I inquired, hoping to get some concrete information.

"I heard some guard mutter about
How they closed off one room way up high on some floor, I don't understand how this affects us-" Apparently he got a call, his hand flew to his ear and he started hissing into his watch. It didn't matter, because I was already walking toward the door.

"Hey, you can't be in here!" Someone stepped in front of me and I almost didn't stop in time before I ran into their shoulder. I took a respective step back and gazed at them. He was way younger than I expected, they are really taking in the little chicks now aren't they.

"I just wanted to know what's going on, and your boys out there wouldn't spill."

"You are not permitted here." I inwardly groaned. This again.

"Look cousin, may I speak to your Commander?" My gaze told the boy that it wasn't a question.

"No." I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yes, but it is not my choice whether you can see her or not." Something didn't feel right, but I had to push on.

"And why is that?"

"We closed her room off, that's all I can tell you."

I was dying to ask why, but I had pushed the kid enough already. It's not his fault he had to follow rules. I turned around and strode out the door. Hoping to all that was holy I was wrong.