June (11)

June

0547 hours, July 28th

Ruby sector, Los Angeles

77° F outdoors

Dawn.

It's beautiful and so, so sad. The rise of the sun through the clouds used to give me hope that kept me going. Now I have nothing to hope for. I have done everything I did before, played the same cards. I had hurt him, the last thing I ever wanted to do. The last thing I swore I wouldn't. It's not fair. Why am I made for the one person I cause so much pain to? Will he still love me? Would he ever forgive me? Why does our story have to be written on a pedestal that never sees light? It's so unfair. I can't be with him when I know I am also breaking him on the inside. I can't look into his eyes and see love and pain when he sees me. I left him once but I have no power to do it again. I would never forgive myself. So now it's up to Day. I let him go once- and now it was his choice.

Whether there is a June and Day- it's up to him.

*******

A new day, all is possible again. Day had said. We take it all one day at a time. Do we? What about those times we just wish to live for another moment? That one single second is worth more than all of the days combined? What about when you don't want anymore days, when you hate to see the break of dawn and the hope it puts in everyone's eyes? Because you know better than to hope like they do. Ten years I had hoped. Through those years that teenage girl was still there, I was still thinking like her. Now, seeing this delicate, sorrowful dawn I know for sure- that adolescent girl is gone.

And she will stay that way.

********

It has been two weeks since I last saw Day.

I'm drowning in darkness, in hopelessness. My heart is shattered, I was a thin sheet of glass. Cracks had webbed over me, splitting my life into a thousand thin pieces. One single blow from Day and I would shatter into a million crystal shards. Never to be put back together again. Not even by him.

But one night, my suffering was over.