Chapter 51:

I take a deep breath and fill my lungs with fresh mountain air. Pine needles and dew fill my nose. My bare toes scrunch in the wet grass as I watch the sun rise over the eastern mountains.

"Pretty nice that we can stay at home for this one," DeNyle comes up beside me. 

I glance back toward the cabin Rocky and DeNyle own with a smile.

"We certainly have a lot of experience on Hallwyn," I grin and take his hand which he held out to me. His fingers close around mine before squeezing my hand reassuringly. "It does feel like home."

"If we don't get out of here I hope we can be happy living here," he sighs. "And since we're not really playing a game anymore can we just call each other by our actual names?"

"Of course, Nyle," I smile and squeeze his hand back.

"Alright, May," he grins and tugs me back toward the house. "Flint made coffee."

"Sounds great," I grin while casting one last glance toward the blazing orange light cresting over the mountains. The twentieth sunrise after the start of round three.

Jez leans against the counter wiping sleep from her eyes while Flint pours her a cup of coffee. She nods her thanks before trudging over to one of the chairs beside the fireplace.

"Coffee?" Flint inquires with the pot in his hand.

"Sure," I smile and take a cup. "Thanks."

"We've decided to call each other by our real names now," Nyle tells Flint.

Flint's silver-green eyes glance between us for a moment.

"Interesting," he replies. "I had always thought of you with your real names." Flint hands Nyle a cup of coffee before picking up his own.

"I also have cinnamon rolls, May, if you would like one," Flint holds out a paper bag.

"Are they from the bakery in town?" my eyes light up before I shove my hand into the bag. I pull out a sweet sticky cinnamon roll and take a big bite. "Oh yes, those are from Rene's."

"I figured everyone would enjoy a treat before we set out to scout for the next dungeon," Flint grins.

"I've gotta shower still," Jez replies before snagging a cinnamon roll. "You're welcome to join me."

"I'll pass," Flint raises an eyebrow. "We do have two bathrooms after all. And I showered earlier."

Jez purses her lips before sauntering up the stairs.

"Wow, she hasn't made a comment like that for a few days," Nyle chuckles. "I was thinking she was growing up."

"I heard that!" Jez shouts down the stairs.

"Oh?" Nyle's grin widens.

Flint shakes his head before turning to go out to the front porch. The sun shimmers through the window pains and lights up the front yard.

"Guess we should pack up a day pack so we're ready whenever Jez is," I grin. I climb the stairs and turn right to enter my room. Compared to Jez's room it is very plain. A few items on the dresser and a couple photos of the four of us. 

I raise my hand and summon the inventory screen. I press a finger on my satchel and it materializes onto the bed before me. Inside are a few healing potions, herbs, a rope, and the small dagger Flint gave me. I take the dagger out and slip it into my boot. My fingers clasp the amethyst necklace of invisibility around my neck to make sure it is there. Then I glance down at the opal ring which gives me night vision if I turn the gem. I secure the lavender ribbon on my braid and smile at it. I check my inventory space, putting the things I don't need into the dresser. I have my armor, a tent, winter gear, food, weapons, and the swirling green pattern carpet. Probably way more than I will need, but it never hurts to be prepared.

"Ready?" Nyle peeks his head in the door. A small tuft of blue hair falls across his forehead before he brushes it away.

"Yeah," I nod and put my satchel on my back. "Any word from anyone else?"

"Flint got a message from Vyra earlier which stated that her team was heading out, but beyond that I don't think so," Nyle shrugs.

"Well, I guess we should begin," I grin before heading downstairs to meet up with Flint and Jez.