Chapter 64:

As we climb out of the bath, Jez tosses a white towel my direction. 

"Thanks!" I wrap it around my shoulders and towel myself off.

Jez wraps the towel around her chest and tucks it so she can stand without holding it. Her eyes look around the room and she purses her lips.

"Do you see my clothes?"

I glance around and see that my clothes are also no where to be found.

"The guys couldn't have taken our clothes," Jez scowls. "The door was shut."

"Do you think there is someone else in this mansion?" I look up and down the room but see nothing.

"Or something," Jez shudders. She reaches her hand out and taps at something before herself. A pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt materialize on her body.

I glance down and call forward my menu screen and look through my apparel items. I spot the purple dress, winter clothes, and my outfit from fighting in the arena. I call the outfit from the arena forth and glance down as the purple leather tunic materializes on my body.

"You don't have any comfy clothes?" Jez chuckles at my outfit. "We will have to take you shopping when we get to the next town."

I shrug and call forth my scimitars.

"Not really one for shopping,"

As Jez and I appear in the main room with swords drawn and fireballs in hand, the guys look up in surprise.

"What's up?" Nyle cocks his head to the side.

"Someone stole our clothes," Jez replies and stalks around the room.

"Well it wasn't us," Flint shrugs with a cup of tea in his hand.

"We know," I sigh and glance down the other doorway that leads into this room. "So someone else did."

"Or something..." Jez puts a finger to her lips and points with her eyes toward a corner of the room.

What first appears to be a spider in the corner appears more humanoid upon further inspection. As all eyes turn toward it, the creature squeezes as far into the corner as it can so try to look invisible.

"We can see you," Jez raises a brow. She steps toward the corner with fire swirling around her fists. "Where are our clothes?"

"Eeh!" The thing squeaks as it takes off across the room.

It darts past my head and I catch a glimpse of tiny wings beating fast like a hummingbird.

"A fairy?" I question as Jez takes off after it.

"Looks more like a pixie," Nyle shrugs. "But chasing it won't help."

Jez's hair flames up in anger and she whirls around to face Nyle.

"Then what do you suggest?"

"They like shiny things. And sweets. Maybe we could catch one if we coaxed it out with one of those," Nyle suggests. He pulls a cookie from his pocket and holds it up in the air.

After a moment a small head peeks into the room and tiny eyes blink at the cookie in Nyle's hand.

"Me? For me?" A tiny voice pipes up.

"For you," Nyle holds the cookie out in the pixie's direction. "If you give us the ladies clothes back."

The pixie's eyes narrow and they rub tiny hands together.

"More," they say as another head pops up in the doorway.

Nyle reaches his spare hand forward and calls up his inventory. A small sapphire materializes in the palm of his hand and he holds it out as well.

The pixies gather together, a group of six now, and whisper amongst each other.

"Is good," two pixies come forward to take the cookie, which is the same size as them, and another takes the sapphire. The other three emerge with our clothes.

I equip my clothing and watch as the pixies disappear.

"Do you think the pixies are who set out the tea and cookies?" I ask.

"Mm, I don't think so," Flint shakes his head. "I'm guessing there are more secrets to this house."

"Maybe ghosts," Zephyr chuckles.

"Well and with that we should probably try to get some sleep," Jez grabs onto my arm. "Come on, I don't want to sleep alone with all this creepiness in the house."

"Bye," I wave as Jez drags me off.

After peeking into a few doorways we find a room that is suitable. Not too creepy and with a large king size bed. As we enter the fireplace in the corner lights up to brighten the room.

"Hmm," Jez glances at the fireplace. "At least I'm not afraid of fire."