Chapter 5:

"I'm guessing you have never been to a store this large, huh?" HardRock, who I now know likes to me called 'Rocky' chuckles.

"Never," I gaze around in amazement. "This is like the size of our whole city!"

"Well it is called the World Market for a reason," Rocky crosses his arms in annoyance. After spending three afternoons with Flint and Nyle nothing much has changed. I have now acquired nearly one thousand gold pieces, which Rocky likes to keep reminding me is nothing.

"So do you feel good with that sword or did you prefer any of the other weapons we had you try?" DeNyle inquires and gestures to the many black smiths we could visit down Metal st.

"Um, yeah, I like the one-handed blade," I nod. "I also liked that bow you let me try yesterday, Rocky." Rocky's silver eyes gaze at me for a short moment before looking away with slightly less annoyance.

"Well, we can look into both," DeNyle grins. "Let's go shopping!" he pumps his fist in the air and I grin. Nyle is always excited about everything. I wish I could have optimism and joy like him.

"Yo! Fabio!" DeNyle waves to a large man laboring over his forge.

"What is up, DeNyle?" the stocky man waves and sets down his tools. He wipes his dirty hands on his apron to give DeNyle a fist bump.

"This is DizMay," DeNyle gestures to me. "She's a newb and we need some gear for her. Think you can cut me a deal?" The man sizes me up and purses his lips.

"I can give you a fair price, but I need to make money too you know." Fabio chuckles and leans on his market table. "What can I get you?"

"Um," I mutter shyly and clasp my hands together. "I kinda like one-handed swords."

"Yeah?" Fabio raises an amused eyebrow. "Let me show you what I've got." His eyes flutter and then the table fills with an assortment of blades. My fingers reach out to touch each one excitedly. "Looking at your stature I would suggest one of these two." Fabio gestures to the two swords on the end. One is very similar to what I have been using, a double edge sword approximately the same length as my arm. The other is single edged and curves slightly but comes to a sharp point at the end.

"Kind of sword is this?" I inquire and examine the way the blade is thin but sweeps in a curve but broadens toward the tip to come to a point.

"That, my lady, is a scimitar," Fabio smirks.

"May I test it?"

"Be my guest," he gestures to a wooden post beside the shop. I lift the blade and find it is surprisingly light. Not so light that it will not slice whatever I want though. I slide into the stance DeNyle taught me and take a few jabs at the block but still find something is missing.

"I think this will help," Fabio holds out a second sword to me and I gaze at it in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"The way your body moves naturally. You need two swords," Fabio grins. "Try again." I take the second blade and adjust both swords before re-entering the stance DeNyle taught me. I take a step forward and find my body twisting practically on its own as I take two quick slices at the post before spinning back into my starting position.

"Mmhmm," Fabio nods in thought. "As I suspected. Everyone has a natural way of using weapons that sings through their veins like their life blood. You are a natural dual wielder."

"Wow," DeNyle blinks slowly. "I've only met one other dual wielder before and she is scary."

"My gift to you," Fabio gestures to the sword and my mouth drops open.

"Oh no I can't accept these for free," I shake my head and try to hand them back.

"Just promise I will be the only blacksmith you come to for blades and they are yours," his blue eyes dance with the light of his forge.

"I will," I grin. "Thank you very much, Fabio."

"Anything for beautiful women," he winks. "Do you need anything else?" I glance at Rocky and DeNyle but see them both shaking their heads. "Then good luck to you as you start your journey."

"Thank you," I grin with glee and dance in a circle with my new swords.

"Now we need to find you some armor," DeNyle rubs his chin in thought. "Rony?" Rocky nods and turns to walk away.

"Better but those into your item menu," DeNyle winks. "People might like selling weapons but they aren't a big fan of people slinging them around in their market."

"Oh," I nod and pull up the menu. I select 'items' and place both swords together in one slot. Then hit the button that will allow me to quick access them.

"What should I name them?" I question DeNyle.

"Whatever fills your soul with meaning," he preaches and I roll my eyes.

"Hmm," I start typing and grin with joy at my choices. "Thank you mom for making me take Latin. Ferro and Vidicta."

"What does that mean?" DeNyle bumps me with his elbow.

"Steel and Vengeance," I smirk.