Chapter 31:

We re-materialize on a street outside a large skyscraper. The road is lit by electric street lamps and in the distance, a large Colosseum is lit up like a Christmas tree.

"That's where the games are held," DeNyle grins and tugs me inside. "I can't wait to see what our suite looks like!"

Ten floors up we enter into a large room with a kitchen and living room and four doors, two on either side.

"We get this one!" Jez giggles and drags Rocky toward one of the four doors.

"We each get our own room," Rocky groans and pulls his hand out of her gently, then guides her into her room. After a moment he emerges with lipstick on his cheek and an annoyed expression.

"Goodnight," he growls and disappears into his own room.

"Goodnight," I call and head toward one of the doors. I turn toward DeNyle and smile. "Sleep well." Then I enter the room and close the door. I flip on a light and kick off my shoes. On the left side of the room is a king-sized bed piled high with pillows and a fluffy comforter. In the middle is a small sitting space with a tv. To the right is a door leading into a tiled bathroom. I slip out of my dress and pull on the silk robe resting on a chair in the middle of the room.

"I hope we prove him wrong," I mutter and fall back on the bed. I slither under the covers and close my eyes.