Chapter 8: After Hours

Song:

"How 'Bout A Dance?" from Bonnie & Clyde The Musical

~~~~~

~~~~~

One o'clock in the morning, the clock chimes. The Dojo is silent as April was left alone to clean up the mess from the chaos that happened earlier tonight. She is unaware that Donatello Hamato was still in his dressing room. Sitting on his lounge sofa, Donnie leaned over to look underneath the sofa's tassel hem. He then pulls out a small leather book bag, and places it on his lap.

"Finally, I can catch up on my assignments," Donnie says to himself as he searches through his book bag and pulls out a textbook. Donnie then gets up and goes up to his make up table, pushing all items off the table and onto the floor to make room to place the textbook down. He then pulls out a notebook from the bag, along with a pencil, as he opens up the textbook to the bookmarked page.

"Raph was right. I should thank him," Donnie chuckles to himself, "Now where was I..." he says as he begins his reading.

Outside in the main room, April begins her clean up. Luckily for her, the band, The Mutanimals, were able to get a lot more of the harder areas that need cleaning like the stained walls and broken furniture. Mr. Hamato has already ordered new furniture that will arrive tomorrow morning. However, there were still broken glasses, messy equipment, and cigar ashes that needed to be cleaned up. April started her night by sweeping the stage, collecting all the dust and glass shards left behind.

As she swept, she looked up and noticed the microphone, standing tall at the edge of the stage, aiming out to the empty audience, waiting for someone to fill its purpose. April then slowly turned her head left to right, looking at each stage's wing to make sure the club was truly empty. She then gently puts down her broom and grabs the microphone. It was off, but that was okay.

"And now performing another one of her famous tunes, our dazzling little red song bird, Ms April O'Neil!" April says into the mic with a lower tone of voice. She then acts as if she's being greeted by an adoring crowd, flattered by the cheers and compliments she pretends she's receiving. She then takes and leans closer to the mic, getting comfortable as she takes a deep breath and sings.

"How 'bout a dance?" She softly sings into the mic, "What do you say? I've got some moves that I'd love to show ya. Let's find a spot and dance the night... away..."

She imagined a band slowly joining in with a soft tune of a piano as a violin gently plays. She continued to sing, her voice soothing and gentle.

"How 'bout a dance? It's always fun. Come over here, let me get to know ya. Can't beat a band to lift your spirits up."

She does a quick, elegant twirl, spinning her dress, "You look so handsome." Suddenly her voice became stronger and louder, giving a powerful change to her tone.

"How 'bout a dance? Let's make a start. Music like this can really throw ya. You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart."

Back in Donatello's dressing room, his concentration of his reading was broken. His eyes widen as he hears someone singing. He sits up from his seat and approaches his door, leaning towards it, listening carefully.

"Someone's in The Dojo?" he thought. He opens the door and sneaks down the hallway till he makes it to the stage. Carefully, he looked out to the source of the voice and his eyes widened. "April?"