Chapter 19: Reconcile

It is unlike Raphael to actually want to get to work on time. Let alone arrive early so he can rehearse and prepare for a performance. But this night is unlike any other night. He has a reason. A motivation to sing again. He has someone he's hoping will be there tonight to watch him perform. Perform a song just for her. Raphael looked at his watch. He has time, but is it enough?

"Argh! I should've taken the family car..." Raph grumbles to himself, walking fast down the streets of New York. He was pushing himself through the crowd, his head was down, hiding his face with his fedora hat and sticking up the collar of his shirt.

He doesn't want anyone to recognize him, to get stopped by any potential crazed fans or prying reporters nearby. So far, no one has bothered to give him a second glance, so Raph considered himself lucky for this. As long as he or no one else draws attention to himself, everything will be-

"RAAAPPPHHH!!" An obnoxious voice suddenly shouts followed by the honking of a high pitch car horn.

Raph jumps from the sudden scream of his name. Quickly he turns to see a car speeding down the road with Casey poking his head out of the driver's side, waving like an excited child. He pulls up next to Raph by the sidewalk, his big box shaped car with a clean coat of black paint, not a single sign of any scratches.

"Need a ride?"

"Since when did you get a car?" Raph asked as he opened the door, quickly taking a seat on the passenger side before anyone could notice him.

"It ain't mine. It belongs to an important customer of my dad's, so that means I get to enjoy driving this bad boy for the next few days!"

Raph snickers at his friend's lucky circumstance. Casey's father is a well known and talented car mechanic, running one of the best auto body shops in the city. Because of this, Casey always has access to the nicest cars from high end clients of his dad's, often "borrowing" them for a "test drive". Casey's father never bats an eye on his son's actions, as long as the car is returned unharmed before the customer comes by to pick it up, Casey is in the clear.

"How'd you say me, you and Slash take this bute out for a night on the town tomorrow night?"

Tomorrow, Wednesday night. The only day The Dojo's doors are closed, refusing anyone from entering. The Dojo does not open until 9:00 every night and closes at 2:00 in the morning, with the exception of closing one hour earlier on Sundays. One day each week the club is closed so its employees can have a day off to relax. That singular day always brings Raphael such joy, looking forward to it every week. Not only because he doesn't have to work but also because it's the one day his father doesn't care nor ask where he or his brother are or what they are doing. It's their day off, so they've come to an agreement that every Wednesday, anything regarding The Dojo will not be discussed among the Hamato family. One day of freedom to do whatever they desire without the stress of the club weighing on their shoulders.

Raph smiles, "Hell yeah! Count me in!"

"Goongala!!" Casey cheers, hitting the gas and starts speeding down the road.

Driving down the busy roads of New York was surprisingly a peaceful one for the two long time friends. Driving by the many buildings and people walking by. The radio played some well known hits as Raph looked out the car window, lost in his own thoughts. His mind was scattered with ideas for tonight. He wanted everything to be perfect when he performed. He'll talk with the band, inform them and his father of the song he'll sing. Raph just hopes she'll come like she promised.

"So, where do you want to go for our outing tomorrow night? Any ideas?"

Raph's eyes remained locked staring at the window, he couldn't help but think about her, "How about we stop by Galactic Gals again?"