Chapter 10: The Burlesque Club

Song:

"Why Don't You Do Right?" By Peggy Lee 

(Note: You probably all know this song very well from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but I highly recommend checking out the original version by Peggy Lee)

~~~~~

~~~~~

The curtain closed and the lights dimmed. Both young and older men in the audience drunkenly cheered and whistled, demanding an encore from the young lady who just finished her risqué performance.

The lights began to brighten again, still dim but more easier to see in the burlesque club's inner décor. The club was a small location compared to The Dojo, only able to hold less than half the amount of people The Dojo can welcome. Instead of decorative deco wallpaper, the walls were of red brick along with polished dark wooden floors. It was obvious the burlesque club was nowhere near on the same level of luxury as The Dojo, but it worked with what it had. Many male customers of all social classes were enjoying themselves from both the drinks and the pretty girls dancing for them.

"And that was our lovely cosmic star, Valaxina!" the announcer says to the audience as the dancer leaves the stage through the red curtain. "We'll be taking a short break and return to more beautiful dancing dolls here at Galactic Gals Burlesque!"

"See?" Casey said after finishing his drink, slamming it onto the table, "I told you this was what you needed!"

"Yeah, drinking alcohol while watching women strip. What a night..." Raph said sarcastically.

It's been a few hours since Raph and his two friends, Slash and Casey, left The Dojo and came to the risqué burlesque club. To prevent anyone from noticing Raphael and causing another mob of crazy fans, the group of friends sat at a small table in the far back of the club, away from the crowd. While Raphael wasn't too pleased with being there, his friends thought otherwise, laughing and drinking all night. The boys' table was scattered with empty glasses that were once filled with all different kinds of liquor already drunk by Slash and Casey. Raphael however was only on his second drink for the night, "I'm starting to regret letting you guys take me to this strip club..." Raph says, not amused as he sips his drink.

"First of all, this is not a strip club. It's a burlesque club. There's a difference! Galactic Gals is a classy place!" Casey said, leaning on his friend's shoulder. Raph could smell Casey's breath reeking of liquor.

"Second, you said it yourself that your family was getting on your nerves so I thought a few drinks and watching some lovely dolls dancing around would help cheer you up."

"Well, yeah! I did say that my family has been annoying me and it's been stressing me out, but this hasn't been helping..."

"You just need another drink," Slash said, patting his friend's back as Raph slammed his head on the table with a loud annoyed groan. Slash then turned to a nearby waitress and asked for another round, making sure she was tipped generously.

"Slash, I thought you were off the sauce?" Raph asked, looking up at him, "You've been clean for a while."

"Lay off, will ya? I'm enjoying myself for one night!"

Raph slightly chuckles, it was the first time all night he actually smiled.

"Can't wait for Leatherhead to give you another lecture when he finds out you drank again."