Chapter 17: Acting

If Michelangelo was being honest with himself, he didn't know what to say to his girlfriend when they would talk. But he knew that talking it out is better than avoiding the situation all together. That was Donatello's advice after all.

"That's how couples work out their problems, right?"

Mikey wasn't sure how couples do this. He is the first and only among his brothers to have a serious long term relationship. Leo never had a serious relationship, always thinking he's too good for the women father has suggested he dates, Donnie has shown no interest in dating and Raph, well, that's a can of worms Mikey refuses to open. The only couple he could compare to are his parent's marriage but even then, it's only through stories and how fondly his father would talk about their late mother. So Mikey was unsure. For the entirety of their relationship, Mikey and Renet never had a fight or a major disagreement. It was one of the reasons the press declared them the perfect ideal couple.

When he called and asked her for them to meet up and talk, Renet agreed, suggesting they talk in private at her place of work, The Romero Theater. A luxurious place where many performances that starred his talented girlfriend, and many other famous actors, premiered. The Romero Theater is one of the top theaters in New York City, where people from all over come to witness Renet Tilley and her fellow co-stars perform their latest play. Though Renet has been on stage almost her whole life, Mikey remembers what she told him the night before – how she was offered to leave the stage to work in this new form of entertainment of moving pictures. He supports her career decision completely, but Mikey knows the Romero Theater won't be the same if or when she officially decides to take up the offer.

As Mikey makes his way inside through the back entrance of the theater, he is greeted by every worker of the theater from the actors, tech grew, lighting staff, security and even the owner himself, Renet's boss, Mr Simultanis.

"Michelangelo! Good to see you again!" The owner smiles with a friendly greeting as he offers the young turtle his hand.

Mr Simultanis was an older and rather short man, barely towering over Mikey by only an inch or so, dressed in an expensive Italian gray and blue business suit. You can tell from first sight that his man had full control and power over the entire building and all those inside.

"Afternoon, Mr Simultanis! Is Renet here?"

"Yes, Ms Tilley told me you were coming. She's in her dressing room, but she won't be able to talk long. We have a show starting in 2 hours."

"Don't worry, it'll be quick. I think..."

Mikey makes his way down the backstage hall to find the dark wooden door with a golden star on it. The name of his girlfriend shining upon it. With a gentle knock, Mikey hears her voice invite him inside. Entering into Renet's dressing room, Mikey spots her sitting near her large white vanity table fixing up her makeup for her upcoming show.

Renet quickly acknowledges the orange turtle's presence, smiling and responding lovingly, "Mikey!"

Her cheerful manner caught Mikey off guard. He didn't expect her to be acting this way.

"Um, he-hey Renet."

"I'm so glad you could make it," she said, offering Mikey to sit in the chair next to her, "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh, um, okay. Well, uh..." Mikey wasn't sure what to say. He was hoping to do this face to face, but now his mind drew a blank. It was best to get straight to the point, "I wanted to talk about last night at dinner."

Renet blinks, her expression changing to a look of worry and sorrow. Her cheerful smile that he always adores seeing is gone. The second time he is to blame for making that smile vanish, "Oh, I had a feeling that's what this was going to be about..."