1- Stubbornness

The sound of heels meeting the hard and cold ground could be heard throughout the corridor. If you listened to it closely, you would notice it was two pairs of heels. Now and then, they would be accompanied by a voice shouting and another voice, much calmer. It was no longer surprising for all the agents and staff working around the base, it almost became a pleasant melody - they would be more surprised to not hear their constant and rather heated conversation. This day was no exception from the others. Two agents walked a few feet away, heading the same direction in silence for now. The tall man cleaned his thick rectangular frame glasses and then gently put them back on while eyeing the smaller figure next to him. His brown hair was neatly done just as his general appearance: blue suit vest over a white long-sleeved shirt and a nice colorful tie. His hands were covered by a pair of brown gloves and complimented with a very expensive-looking golden watch. He sports a cedar pair of pants with a belt, also very expensive-looking. Gold lines that were similar to a printed circuited board covered the left side of his face and went down to both of his arms. Everything about him screamed charisma and money. In front of him, a woman was walking at a fast paste, avoiding any contact with the charming man behind her. Her behavior still amused the agent so much and he enjoyed teasing her. A smirk formed on his face but he kept his mouth shut, waiting until she had no choice but to address him. 

The woman hated him, she just could not get along with him. When they first met at Brimstone's office, she knew he meant bad news, but the commander would not listen to a word that came out of her mouth. Sadly for her, she had to work alongside him. She was the one in charge of the arsenal and he was a weapons designer, which tightly linked their works. They were quite the opposite which made it hard for them to work together. He was this fully confident in himself and annoyingly handsome type of man along with his smug comedy that drove the woman crazy, and she was a small chatterbox woman who was losing her nerves way too easily and was so easy to tease. The French man was the only one enjoying the situation - more than he should. They did agree on one aspect though...

"I wish I'd work alone," the woman mumbled under her breath. She kept frowning when she was around him whereas she would be cheerful around the other agents around the base. If she kept this frown going, her wrinkles would never disappear despite her youth.

Behind her, the man hummed in agreement. "It would be much easier, yes. Not that I do not enjoy our time together, mademoiselle [Agent name (a/n)]," the French man said with his thick accent that could drive so many people crazy. His voice was suave and attractive, almost provocative. [First/name (f/n)] clicked her tongue and glared back at him, not hiding her annoyance.

"I didn't say you could talk, Chamber," she barked at him, shoving her hands in her pockets. Her outfit did not match his in the slightest: a pair of simple gray sweatpants with some colorful sneakers, a tank top tightly hugging her figure with a jacket tied around her hips. Her hair was a mess from overworking which was accentuated by the bags under her eyes. This was one thing that they could not figure out about one another: why would they dress that way? Chamber always looked the best, setting high standards for himself and the people he worked with, and this woman seemed to never care about her physical appearance. It was something he would never understand. He never saw something else but sweatpants on her yet. He tried multiple times to make her change her outfits but she would just dismiss him stating how it was a waste of her precious time.

Chamber shrugged his shoulders and stayed quiet, criticizing her appearance for the hundredth time in his head. On their way to their workplace, they crossed another agent, Killjoy. The German woman turned her head as she heard [A/n] call her out. Her brown eyes glanced back and forth between the two and she tried to keep herself from laughing at their faces. They clearly didn't fit in a portrait together, she thought, it was like the sun and moon: two beings that should have never met because they are too contradictory. She adjusted her glasses to distract her mind from the funny images she imagined. [F/n] noticed her change of behavior and was even more annoyed as if she heard her hidden thoughts. Anyway, she rolled her eyes and chose to forget it for once. She was in a rather good mood today and she just did want to spoil it yet.