8 - Secrets

As she waited for Chamber to wake up, she decided to work out a bit. His gym was well-equipped, having everything one could wish for. She was used to going to the gym when she was upset, and she always felt great after a good workout session. After a good hour, she stepped out and was on her way to her room to shower and change. Suddenly as she was walking peacefully, her worries finally leaving her mind, she noticed something very strange from the corner of her eyes. She turned her head to what caught her eyes and saw the man she was waiting for talking to someone in the corridor she was told not to go to. She opened her mouth, about to call him, but something within her stopped her. She did not understand this strange feeling she was getting from looking at him from a distance but she knew to always trust her instinct, it had never failed her. She frowned and quickly walked away before he would notice her.

Chamber was going through some paperwork when he heard a knock before the door opened. He did not have to look up to know who it was. Just by the sound of his footsteps and his behavior as he walked in, he knew. He closed his eyes, trying to stay composed. He had not expected such a guest to arrive as he warned them to not come for the time being.

"I thought I told you I did not have time for you," Chamber said finally turning to look at his unexpected guest.

The man shrugged his shoulders, making himself home in the chair by his desk. "Désolé, frérot. You did not tell me you had a guest."

He rolled his eyes, leaning against the wall. "Because I did not plan to introduce her to you yet."

The man snickered, readjusting his thick-framed glasses that complimented his brown eyes. He crossed his legs and leaned back in the chair. "Alright, other me. What do you plan to do with [A/n]?" Mirror Chamber asked.

Chamber smirked, sitting down at his desk. "You will see when the time will come."

"Keeping secrets, I see." Mirror Chamber looked annoyed but he knew himself, it was no use trying to get information on him. "Is she trustworthy at least?"

Chamber nodded. "If I'm doing this well, this should not be a problem. She might want to kill me at the end, but it'll be too late before she realizes."

"She seems like an interesting woman. You seem to be having your fun with her." Chamber frowned, unsure of what his double wanted to say by this. "I could help you, you know. She would not see the difference."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes at the absurdity of a suggestion it was. "Find yourself someone else if you want to have 'fun'. You're just going to ruin everything."

"Are you scared she might like me more?"

He was starting to get on Chamber's nerves. He wanted to end this conversation quickly as he had better things to do. "I am just careful with her ability to sense danger. She might be able to differentiate us this way. And her instincts are... surprisingly sharp. So, don't ruin it and leave now."

"Whatever you say," Mirror Chamber finally said before stepping out, his smile never fading. 

It was difficult to work with someone else especially when this 'someone' is you. You know yourself better than anyone would which makes it more difficult to fully trust yourself - or another you. Chamber wrapped things up in his office and hurried to join [A/n]'s side before something went wrong. He reached the main entrance and saw her leaning against the wall as she looked outside through the window. Her back was facing him and he thought of giving her a scare but she noticed him as soon as he closed in.

"Took you long enough." She seemed more distant than usual. He suspected that her lack of sleep was the reason for her negative mood.

Chamber placed both hands on her shoulders and leaned closer. "Mes excuses, ma princesse. I had some urgent things to take care of."