4 - Scouting mission

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2022 will be a good year and you'll be able to enjoy it to the fullest! :)

This chapter is published earlier than usual as both as a present but mostly as an excuse as I want you to be able to read the next chapters faster!

Please enjoy!

___________________

The sunset soon showed itself, announcing the start of the next mission. [A/n] and Chamber walked in the small ship in their fighting gear. Chamber was well dressed as always, he did not really have different clothes when on missions or for every day. However, for [A/n], she was wearing a full-on stealth suit. It was all black with some armored parts like shoulders and chest to protect her. She also had a mask to hide her mouth and nose, it helped her focus on her breathing when she was in stealth mode. Chamber started the ship and they flew off to their mission. They had a few hours' drives to reach the South of France so they had time to relax inside before it started. [F/n] was sitting in the back, her earphones on. Her music helped her relax before a mission. She was not really nervous when on the field but if she thought too much about it beforehand, only the worst-case scenarios would pop in her mind. Suddenly, she felt something moving to her side. The agent opened her eyes and noticed her partner sitting down next to her while looking down at her. As he seemed to have something to say, she took off one of her earphones.

"Désolé, I hope I did not bother you," he kindly asked. She shook her head with a smile.

"Not at all. Sorry, I probably look a bit too serious."

He rested his head on both of his hands as he leaned down. "You sure do. Are you nervous, mademoiselle?"

"Not really," she answered honestly. "Music is just really soothing, don't you think? It helps me focus on something else and not overwork my brain."

Then, he leaned closer to her bringing a hand behind one of her ears. [A/n]'s heart skipped a beat and she felt a certain warmth climbing to her cheeks. He looked so handsome up close, she thought as she stared into his brown eyes. "Would you mind if we listened together?"

She struggled to make out an answer with words so she just gave him one earpiece and they leaned closer to listen together. They were not allowed to bring personal belongings on missions as it could contain personal information about the agents or the protocol. However, the device she was holding was a very old one and its only purpose was to store music and play them so it did not cause any trouble to have it on her. Chamber was surprised to see such devices still existed but found it quite handy at times such as this.

The female agent had a harder time concentrating on her music now as Chamber occupied her thoughts. She was able to observe his features much closer than usual. She hated to admit it but this man was really charismatic. Not only did he seem to have no flaws outside, he also seemed to be able to do about everything. Earlier that day, she learned he could cook, now he could pilot a ship. She could not help but be in awe. Her eyes wandered from his facial features to his arms and chest. The French man was even working out was what she thought when staring at his muscles. His body seemed quite muscular for a sniper. Sure this weapon was heavy but it was not the most physical position on a battlefield. It was not like she was not muscular herself but the way his suit would embrace his forms, showing his biceps... Her mind was asking to see more of it. To prevent more disturbing thoughts to take over her mind, she bit down her lips which helped her break from this trance. She finally stopped staring at his muscles and looked back up at him to see him stare back. Her blush reappeared at once when she realized he probably saw her wandering eyes.

"Is something wrong, [A/n]?" His tone was very low, his voice sounding seductive. He moved closer to stare right into her eyes making sure she would not lose eye contact. She knew he was toying with her, but she could not resist him at the moment. She tried to break free from him, backing in her chair but he would only get closer. "Why are you backing away? Am I scaring you?" His voice sounded like a whisper, provoking her almost, and she would lie if she said it was not turning her on at the moment. His face grew closer and closer, bringing his lips to her ear. "I hope you're not getting any strange ideas right now."