13- Healing

!Quick announcement!

I am thinking of doing another book but centered on one-shots (about Chamber mainly). I have many ideas I want to explore that I can't do in this story. There will be fluff/cute small stories (I know you miss them in this story :)), angst, cough smut cough. I think I'll open requests for any stories idea (I'm sure y'all have amazing ideas). I will make an announcement when it will be opened.

This story will stay my main focus but on the side, I will write a few small stories (updates won't be regular either). I think I will start with the first chapter next week or so (I'll have more time by then)

I don't know what you think about this if it is a good idea or not, but I neeeeed more content for this man, it drives me mad :( 

_______________

Chamber was coming back home after a tiring day at work. He had spent his morning taking care of his business and the afternoon with the Valorant Protocol. But everything seemed to go by slower when he was on his own at the headquarters. He became lazier there, still doing his work properly, but getting bored easily. So, he was glad to go back to his penthouse, far from everyone else. He went up the elevator and reached the door of his home. Upon opening, it was unusually loud. He frowned, his headache getting worst, and he took off his vest before heading towards the source of this commotion. What he saw did not please him. He made his way towards the phone that was playing music and stopped it.

"Hey!" a voice protested. "It was my favorite."

He sighed, turning his attention back to the person sitting at the table. She was covered in bandages, her hair messier than usual, and her eyebags were turning black. She had a few tools in her hands as she tinkered a few objects. One of her arms was still resting on a bandage for support because of the bullet she took and her fall that dislocated her sensitive shoulder. Therefore, the woman had to work with only an arm but Chamber did not like that.

"Can I know what you are doing?" He was not smiling, his eyes glaring holes through her skull. She gulped, trying to hide what she had on her desk but it was too late already. "Do you not understand the word 'rest'?"

"But, Chamber, I'm bored!" she protested, standing up.

Chamber frowned, almost losing his composure. "Have I not made myself clear last time, [A/n]?"

The female agent clicked her tongue and sat back down, puffing her cheeks to demonstrate her discontentment. "You're just mean at this point."

The man sighed and massaged his temple with two fingers. "The faster you recover the faster you can work," he added, finally calming down.

"But I'm boooored. I need to do something!"

She did not know the word 'rest' indeed. To be more precise, she did not know how she was supposed to rest. What was she supposed to do when resting? Nothing? Something she liked? But what she liked was working.

"Do you not have hobbies?" She shook her head. "Then, find one for yourself. You have plenty of time to figure out what you like. I have plenty of things here that could satisfy your need."

[A/n] nodded reluctantly, having no better choice laying before her. Chamber climbed up the stairs and headed to his bedroom to get changed. [A/n] stood up and went to his living room to lay on his expensive but comfy couch. She stared blankly at the ceiling, losing herself in her thoughts. She frowned, already hating the calm that was floating in the air. She tried to distract her mind right away thinking of any hobbies that she could enjoy. Chamber came back down, changing from his formal outfit to a more casual one. He had a plain white shirt with black jeans. [A/n]'s eyes moved from the ceiling to his body, traveling up and down. That white shirt complimented very well his muscles. It was very tight on his body, his abs apparent through it. Chamber sat down on the armchair next to her and it was only then that she noticed the books in his hands.