15 - His intention

Hey! Updates will be slower now I'm very sorry but uni takes a lot of time from me :') I'll try to keep the updates every Friday starting next week (or Saturday). I don't want to rush things and deliver you a bad chapter so I'll just publish it when I can so you can still enjoy an interesting story! 

Now, onto the chapter! Things are starting to move forward a little eheh

__________________________

[A/n] opened her eyes as the sound of a ringtone woke her up, but the light in the room blinded her. She quickly closed them again and hid her face in the pillow under her. She felt a soft and warm touch on her back and her body was able to relax after being violently awoken. However, the gentle touch left as soon as it arrived. The woman felt the cover move and the ringtone stopped before a deep morning voice answered the call. She tried not to listen to their conversation as it was private but he was speaking right next to her, his tone rather quiet to not disturb the sleepy woman.

"I will call back later," Chamber said then he hung up. Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms around his waist. A giggle escaped his lips and he turned his head to look down at his lover. "Bonjour, mon amour. Did you sleep well?"

She hummed, her voice still hoarse from the lack of sleep. [A/n] held on tight onto the man. She needed to feel his warmth for longer, to be embraced by his strong arms. A hand landed on her head and it played with her hair.

"Are you busy today?" she finally spoke, her eyes still closed. For once, she wanted to have a lazy day with him. Maybe not the full day as she also had work to do but she wanted to at least enjoy this morning with him.

He laid back down in the bed beside her and held her close as well. "It should be fine. Besides, I would much rather be here with you."

It brought a smile to her lips. The rise and fall of his chest under her rocked her. She fought back the urge to sleep to be able to enjoy his presence. He landed a kiss on top of her head lovingly. It was still very new to them but also not so foreign. It felt right to be here, to love each other, but it was also scary. Their job was life-threatening as either of them could die at any moment but they could also watch each other's back at all times.

A peaceful silence enveloped the room, the sound of breathing was all they could hear. Eventually, not able to fight back her tiredness, [A/n] decided to break this silence in order to avoid falling asleep. "Vincent," she said his name and it caught his attention. It felt strange to call him by his first name. It was almost a violation of the rules in the protocol: they were revealing their past when they should forget it and had a more than 'colleague' relationship. "Do you mind if I ask personal questions?"

He was hesitant but he believed in her discretion and sincerity. He did not entrust his love to anyone, however, it was still difficult to reveal one's secrets whether they were good or bad. "Go ahead," he told her, his tone more serious now.

"You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable."

What a sweetheart. "I will, thank you. Would you mind if I ask questions myself? If we are going to spend more time together, we should slowly start to get to know each other better."

He was right. [A/n] did not want to hide more things from him. He knew the most horrible part, what was there to hide anymore? Yet, it was still the scariest thing to do. Admitting to the person you are madly in love with that you were a murderer was insanely nerve-wracking. "Alright," she agreed to his deal. "What were you doing before the protocol?"

He pondered for a second. "I was in the French military but soon enough I became an elite sniper, a PMC marksman. I was basically an assassin if you want. After all this, I wanted to pursue this love for guns that I had and I became a weapons designer. I work for Kingdom but I do some other personal investment."