9 - Make up

A day had passed since the incident. [A/n] was walking down the corridors in the middle of the night. She did her best to forget all about what happened so she could focus on more important things but it was difficult to forget about him. The French agent was nowhere to be found and was not answering any calls at the moment. She did not know how to feel towards him anymore. He probably did not mean any harm when he asked about her nightmares but she hated the fact that he was spying on her. Deep down, she suspected already that he did some research on her, but it scared her. There were so many things she was not ready to tell him or anyone else. She sighed and went to the cafeteria. The place was empty, all forms of life were either sleeping or going to sleep. She was the only mad lad present. She took her cup and turned on the coffee maker. As the machine poured down the liquid, she stared blankly at it, lost in her thoughts. She had been doing that all day, not able to focus on her work at all. All of a sudden, her mind warned her that something was coming. She turned her head to the door, wondering who was coming. As the door opened, she could see the dark figure of Omen. She smiled and waved at him and he nodded his head.

"Hey, never-sleeping buddy," she joked, taking her cup of coffee in hand.

He scoffed and sat at a table. "Heard some noise, thought it might be you."

"Who else?" At night, they would often see each other when Omen was around. He was surprisingly very receptive to her sense of humor and they enjoyed each other's company. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much."

She nodded. "Same, my dude, same."

Omen was very silent, never talking much but [A/n] respected that. She liked just sitting by his side and talking to him about everything that crossed her mind. He would listen, but he did not say much to her back. At first, he was suspicious, afraid to talk to someone like her but she never showed any disgust towards him so he learned to appreciate her. After all, she was the only one he could talk to in the middle of the night. Recently, he had started to come by her workshop more often when he saw the lights on, it distracted him from his mind.

"I was planning on working in my lab, wanna tag along? I could use some advice."

The male agent agreed and they walked together to her workplace. On their way, the woman kept complaining about all the work Brimstone had been giving her. Omen listened to her, the melody of her voice helped him to calm down. Her voice had always been a great help to him but he had no explanation for it. Maybe, he used to know someone with this voice before. It was this that started his curiosity about the woman. Also, they were often together in mission as their abilities were complimentary so they grew closer. He started to come and knit in a corner of the room. She found it kind of cute to see him make scarves or plushies. He had actually made her a few plushies that she had put in her bed. Today was no different. He sat at the back of the room behind her and knitted a new creation while she was at her desk. Omen noticed how distracted she was today. Like everyone else, he heard about her crisis yesterday but did not know the details. She was not someone to talk about herself nor did she complain about anything so people around her did not know how to approach her. He was glancing at her more often than he would usually do and saw her sometimes just motionless, looking at the void. He had no idea what to do to cheer her up so the best thing he could do was knit her something. Maybe she would appreciate it.

"Ouch!" she shouted suddenly.

Omen peeked up at her sudden outburst and hurried to her. "You're alright?" he asked worryingly.

She was holding her hand. "Yes. Sorry, I just can't concentrate today," she admitted, laughing it off. He noticed some blood on the palm of her hand and took hold of it. He saw a light cut, nothing too deep. "There was some glass on the desk, I didn't see it. I broke a lot of things lately I might not have cleaned this up," she laughed, a tired smile on her face.